Amazon Price Changes?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by slashdot87, Jan 3, 2023.

1. slashdot87

slashdot87 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Are you guys experiencing problems with Amazon price changes on items in your saved cart no longer notifying you of those price changes? A day or so ago, I noticed price changes on items in my cart, but was not notified at the top like usual?

Is this a fluke on my end? Is this something happening to more of you?

Thanks!

P.S. Gorts: If this is in the wrong place, please move, and apologies.

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, they changed the algorithm that notifies you of changes some time ago. It used to be you would see a long list of price changes at the top, especially if you didn't check that often. Now, you only see a modest number, perhaps only changes from the past N days or something. Anyway, confirming that they did change the algorithm at some point in the recent past.

3. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

I use a site caled camelcamelcamel to monitor prices on Amazon.com,
    You can set a price level / threshold whereby the site sends you an E-mail if the price drops below the threshold.
    The site also shows a historical trend of Amazon's price history.

Slowhand likes this.
  4. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Good Lord -- I don't look at the things I've left in my shopping cart that closely to even realize that the prices have changed!

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

prices of CD's on amazon have been going up for a long time now, anyone else remember when ALL new release CD's were $9.99?

oh, but i forgot, nobody buys CD's anymore...............:shrug:

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Forum Resident

I use CCC also. I like the historical pricing. It is easy to set a desired price and just wait for an email.

7. charmedonexthree

charmedonexthree Well-Known Member

The fluctuating prices on Amazon like on Cds is getting quite irritating.

I had a CD in my cart. The price fluctuated three times in one day. It was a difference of 80 cents and a buck but I found it ridiculous.