An Evening with Kevin Smith

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tyler, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member Thread Starter

I finally got around to renting this over the weekend. It's basically footage from five college Q&A sessions. Most of it is hilarious, especially when Kevin talks about writing the doomed "Superman" script for Warner Bros, and the bizarre documentary he filmed for Prince.

I love Kevin's movies and could listen to him talk for hours and hours. Even if you aren't a fan of his films, this DVD is really enjoyable.

2. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I had it for awhile, but sold it. It's great the first time you watch it, but each additional viewing is boring as all get-out.

3. Xyzzy

Xyzzy New Member

My mother gave it to me for Christmas when it came out. I found it quite funny. I've actually re-watched it a couple times. (I didn't expect that either.) My favorite part was his exchange with Tim Burton.

4. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

A friend of mine downloaded Kevin's "Superman" script for the author to sign at a college appearance.

He signed it, "F**k Tim Burton! Signed, Kevin Smith"!:laugh:

Evan

5. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

That is one of the funniest dvds I have seen. I love the part where he talks about the producer who wants a giant spider etc and how he went on to produce Wild Wild West.

6. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Very funny, and I'm not even a big fan. I particularly enjoyed his account of Prince world.

7. RDK

RDK Active Member

I am so sick of hearing about Smith's "Superman" script. It may have made a good comic book but it was no damn good as a feature!

I am sort of looking forward to "Jersey Girl." It looks to be his first "adult" film.

8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Me too, especially since Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back was very childish(albeit funny).

His skateboarder aged fans are not gonna like it, methinks, but I'm sure I will.

BTW, I thought Dogma was an adult film.

Evan

9. RDK

RDK Active Member

Evan, I don't disagree about Dogma. But I can't say more in this thread without crapping (so to speak)... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.