Any experiences with Marantz PM700N integrated?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Tim S, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudym457

rudym457 Well-Known Member

i have a Rega system and not sure if this amp would beat it? however i could run it pre-out into my Rega Amp or Digital out into my DAC? i am streaming from an OPPO 103 not that keeps dropping the internet connection. also sentences in a libretto repeat themselves sometimes.

2. rudym457

rudym457 Well-Known Member

no digital out. deal breaker.

3. Nonpoint

Nonpoint Forum Resident

You were wanting to use this as a preamp and not leverage the amp section?

4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

For iOS users, the MConnect app will stream Qobuz at full res. The only caveat is that the app isn’t user friendly if you’re building your own queue, as it takes forever to switch from one track to the next. It works fine for playing albums straight through, however.

5. ChrisEfterklang

ChrisEfterklang Forum Resident

Picked up a brand new PM7000N and CD6007 to replace my PM6003 and CD6003 (the first one eventually will end up in my home office, the CD6003 is toast but I might get it fixed) and my initial response is that straight out of the box this isn’t an immediate improvement. The PM6003 + CD6003 sounded quite a bit warmer through my Lintons (also still new, lots of variables here). Does my set need some to “break in” and any clue as to how long that might take?

6. RWAudio

RWAudio Forum Resident

I would say yes it does. At least 100 hours on each (the amp and the CD player), but 200+ hours on each is probably the point at which it would be fully 'broken-in'. What breaks in are mainly the capacitors inside. They take several charges and discharges to 'settle' to their final output values and 'sound'.

7. RWAudio

RWAudio Forum Resident

I haven't heard the either of the 6003s, but from what I know and have read about the PM7000N and the CD6007 -- both are highly rated and praised for their sound quality.

8. GoldprintAudio

GoldprintAudio Forum Resident

Do give the 7000N a little time for break in. I like the 6003, but to me, the 7000n is a definite step up.

ChrisEfterklang likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.