Any IMPORTCDS customers here?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Thesmellofvinyl, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Thanks for the suggestion; I had thought of that, but phoning them from the Netherlands would cost a small fortune, which would drive up the total cost of the order considerably, so I don't think that's the way to go.

2. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I would be happy to phone them for you, if you want to PM me the details.

3. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Thanks for your kind offer, but guess what, I just got an e-mail from them... They want me to wait until February 24 before filing a claim with them. OK, that's just a few more days, so no problem. Let's wait and see what happens after Monday :)

Electric likes this.
  4. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

To my astonishment the missing order turned up today, 2 weeks after the other ones... No idea what caused the delay; it wasn't customs. I'll let ImportCDs know.

stereoptic, Blair G. and Electric like this.
  5. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Not me anymore.

6. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

importcds service at times isn't the best. But their prices are usually the lowest on SACDs, XRCDs and CDs when in stock. On the four latest Blue Note Audio Wave XRCD releases I saved over $20 compared to other retailers.

Bill

7. Electric

I just placed a new order. Saved a lot of money, too.

8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Do you have them shipped up here to Vancouver?
    If so, any issues with shipping damage or getting nailed by customs?

9. Electric

Yes, shipped to Vancouver. No problems or extra charges yet. Just slow to arrive.

10. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

Import CDs offer free shipping?
    prices are attractive, specially in AF gold cds etc...

11. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Evan L and stenway like this.
  12. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

I ordered two Rhino cd's from them that turned out to be cdr's on demand - they were not listed that way on Amazon or in the importcd listing. I contacted importcd and asked them to send me an rma or cover my return shipping - they ignored me, of course. I called Amazon and they gave me a five dollar Amazon credit to cover my return shipping. Amazon is well aware that the big sellers pull this kind of stuff and it's easier for them to just pay off the rare customer that complains.

13. Electric

Good that you had ordered through the Amazon page. Which 2 CDs were they?

14. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

The Charles Wright hits collection "Express Yourself - The Best Of" - it's on Warner, not Rhino. On the back it says, "Manufactured by Alliance Entertainment" - that's the cdr company. The other one was the Bobby Fuller Rhino hits collection "I Fought The Law". On the back it says, "This package does not include the original booklet." That means cdr, and also the 2012 copyright date.

What stinks about the cdr on demand releases is that it makes it more difficult to find the real cd. I know all the big sellers who sell these things now so I email the smaller sellers and hope they're not clueless and will give me the correct info, which is not always the case.

Electric likes this.
  15. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

Did Importcds stop using tracking numbers for orders? I always order from them and my latest order has no tracking info at all.

16. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They are updating their system so that items can be shipped from Hebron,Ky warehouse.
    No alarm.

Jerryb likes this.
  17. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Good prices but very annoying. That's paying in another way.

I learned to only order when in stock. Now they sent me email saying they cancelled one after I ordered. It's there listed in stock and my account says 'in packaging' but does not progress. Not in the 'Cancelled' or 'backorder' column.
    So is it Cancelled or on the way soon ?
    I sent mail asking. No answer. As usual. Do I reorder ? I don't know. I don't want two of them.

Very annoying.

18. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

To be (a bit) fair they did eventually get back to me and after some illogical, outright wrong, and irrelevant cut and pasted they managed to answer in a fashion.

19. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I bought from their eBay store recently.
    First hiccup with this company.
    The disc was clearly shown as an SACD, they sent the regular disc.
    They'll refund me in full including shipping, but I have to pay return shipping which isn't fair considering it was their mistake.
    I'll have to spent $$ to send the disc back with nothing to show for it.
    I'm suggesting they partially refund me and I keep the disc.
    We'll see what happens.

20. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

I've had exactly the same issues, and I only order when in stock now as well.

21. Electric

I've never received a cancellation email. You were lucky.

22. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

I placed an order yesterday and just like my last few orders I got no tracking info. Usually I get a tracking number.

Cousin It likes this.
  23. AxC.

AxC. Forum Resident

After stealing my money and lying about shipping my items to paypal. I will never buy from them again.

24. masterbucket

Read post 91

25. masterbucket

There is a direct phone number to importcds.com for orders.
    Have your order number ready.
    All of their orders are tracked as well so they know whether it was delivered or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.