Any IMPORTCDS customers here?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Thesmellofvinyl, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

That is why I posted it although no shipping outside USA. Same old song and dance. A great deal though.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  3. Myke

Better to be specific. I see people post " deals " here all the time, that actually aren't the lowest available price, just a price that impressed them.

4. eelkiller

Guaranteed one of the classifieds lurkers will point out when it is not a great deal. We are safe here.

Anyway, if someone wants the CD set this appears to be the cheapest on-line opportunity so far. I am going blu-ray so this is not for me.

5. Myke

I forgot Hittin' The Note which includes a $ 6.00 issue of the next / future issue of HTN... $ 69.98 less the $ 6.00

6. Myke

Holy crap ! Back up to $ 71.65 !?!?!?

7. eelkiller

They are playing games with us, price of Fillmore 6 CD set back down again as of this AM. $54.76. :)

8. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I'm having problems with these guys at the moment. Used them quite a few times over the past few years and no problems, until now.

Ordered Neil Young's Live At The Fillmore LP in early June, then got an email at the beginning of last week saying they couldn't get it in stock and that as no money had been taken from my credit card then no refund is due. Only problem is I paid by Paypal and the money was taken immediately.

So I replied to the email stating this and asked for a refund. Haven't heard anything. So I sent them a message via their 'contact us' page three days later. Nothing. So on Monday I opened a dispute at Paypal. Still nothing.

I'd phone, but that'll cost an arm and a leg from the UK.

9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I've heard too many stories about problems using PayPal with ImportCDs. Hopefully eventually the word will get out to either (a) avoid using PayPal or any "debit" payment method with ImportCDs, or (b) if you can't do that then simply avoid shopping at ImportCDs.

Shifting topics, here's a photo of how my Little Feat Rad Gumbo box set arrived from ImportCDs yesterday. This was how it appeared when the postal clerk handed it over the counter to me when I picked it up at the post office. I almost received an empty envelope!

(The other package behind this one was the Waterboys' Fisherman's Box set, which didn't arrive in a torn envelope, but did have a moderately crushed corner on the back of the box. It doesn't appear that any of the discs themselves were damaged, fortunately.)

Craig.

[​IMG]

10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I just got my Rush ReDISCovered box from ImportCD's yesterday. Purchased through Amazon, presented as "Used: Like New" and priced at $17.99. Packaging was perfect - large box with bubble wrap. The set was perfect except for a couple of dents in the promo pictures and some shopwear to the outer box.

Only complaint I've ever had with ImportCD's is that their backorders seem to take a long time, and ship times seem slow compared to other retailers. But I always get what I ordered and it's always a good deal in good shape when it arrives.

11. George P

George P Notable Member

ImportCDs packs their big box sets incredibly well. Their smaller items get that cheap, cardboard glued together treatment. :shake:

12. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

That cardboard glue package tends to be so tight, it can bend a CD in a cardboard case such as a deluxe edition. I have received some stuff with bent spines in some deluxe edition CDs due to the packaging being so tight.

13. chodad

chodad Hodad

Ordered from them once, delivery was slow but I think it was U.S.P.S. fault.

14. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Not sure whether this new PayPal service is available everywhere, or only in certain countries, but Pay After Delivery might help by giving 14 days after purchase before the money is deducted from your account by PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PADLaunch-outside

I realize in many of these cases, it takes more than 14 days before ImportCDs cancels the order... But I think this might work if you (a) pay with PayPal using the "Pay After Delivery" feature, (b) give ImportCDs 7 days to send you a shipping notice via email, (c) contact ImportCDs to cancel if they can't ship the item within a week.

Then again, I've contacted ImportCDs twice (and a third time just a moment ago) via their website support form to cancel an order that was never filled, which I placed back in January, and so far they haven't responded by canceling it. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

So I suppose, given how unreliable ImportCDs at every step of the way, that anyone who can only purchase online by using PayPal and their banking account should simply never purchase from ImportCDs.

Craig.

15. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

-importcds is mostly terrible. On their Amazon page they proudly claim that all items are in their California warehouse, ready for shipment. However, most of their items ship from Kentucky using (the also terrible) DHL Global Mail.

sound chaser likes this.
  16. Myke

17. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Has anyone ordered TAAB from them lately to confirm it contains the corrected DVD?

18. Myke

Refresh my memory please, what was the error ?

19. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I buy from them all the time and have only had one item cancelled.

20. Graham

Graham Senior Member

A week later and still no response so I've escalated this to a claim. They've got until a week on Thursday to reply to Paypal.

Doubt I'll ever use ImportCds again.

21. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Ordered the CSNY 1974 box (32 bucks and change, shipped) on 7/8, received it today. That's pretty damn good in my book.

22. Lashing

Lashing Well-Known Member

You will get your money back from Paypal. Unless one of their incompetent monkeys doesn't bother to read. Which happens, then you have to appeal and thats another month or more. ImportCDs has zero customer support and a terrible automated system. I went thru exactly what you are going thru. Your credit card will not be charged .. gee thanks but I paid you already via paypal. Unfortunately it takes weeks for the paypal process to happen. Paypal should disqualify ImportCDs because of this "glitch". But they don't care either. They too have an automated support system that requires almost 0 human effort.

Another reason to support your local music store. Mom and pop cannot match online prices, but they will care about your order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.