Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I'm still trying to get over the Rollins-Wyatt "Hell in a Cell" debacle ... and wondering where they can possibly go from here.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Had no idea about this NWA show. This looks great! Right up my alley.

3. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Poorly done... but they probably just wanted to play/stretch out one of the better angles they have going on... I see where they want to go, but the booking was piss poor.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. RayS

So the champ hits his finisher 20 times in a row without winning ... no matter what they did from there they had lost me. It vaguely reminded me of Zeus, who essentially had only one move - no-selling whatever was done to him.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I don't watch a lot of Raw or Smackdown these days. It isn't that I hate it, it just isn't very interesting. So the other night I turned on Smackdown and saw this:

My wife walks into the room and said "Oh wow, Bayley has a new haircut, I like it. And she's bad now, that's cool".
    Me: "Wait.. You know who Bayley is??"

JamieC likes this.
  6. diveintoyesterday

diveintoyesterday Forum Resident

Same. I cancelled my network subscription months ago now as their current product is just so homogeneous and bland that I can't deal with it anymore. There's only so many hours in the day.
    Judging by the reactions to Hell in a Cell etc I'm not missing out.

Here's hoping AEW continue to grow from strength to strength and WWE realise they need to up their game massively.

Mr. H and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. MikeInFla

Well, that only took less than four months. WWE officially announced today that Bruce Prichard has been named as the new Executive Director of Friday Night Smackdown. Under this role, he will be reporting directly to WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon. You can check out the full announcement below.

According to the announcement, Prichard is replacing former Smackdown Executive Director Eric Bischoff. Bischoff was previously announced in the role in late June. With the assignment, Prichard is set to oversee “creative development” for Smackdown on FOX. Prichard had already been working for the promotion after rejoining the company’s creative team earlier this year.

UPDATED: Fightful reports that Eric Bischoff is no longer with WWE in any capacity following the news today that Bruce Prichard will be replacing him as the Executive Director of Smackdown.

Matthew Tate and RayS like this.
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

new from Wrestling Bio

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I really like these NWA house shows on youtube. Talk about old school! Even had someone get the ol' "powder in the eyes" treatment! What a hoot!

10. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

11. mikem60

mikem60 Forum Resident

NWA is awesome

Jericho is doing some good work in AEW

12. diveintoyesterday

Jericho has been doing some of his best work since moving to AEW, he's just on another level to the rest of their roster at the minute imo.

13. MikeInFla

I have enjoyed AEW and NWA lately. I like them both but AEW has a few people I do not care for (Orange Cassidy is one of them, I just don't get that guy).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. AirJordanFan93

So the WWE panel discussion show on FS1 (WWE Backstage) only managed 49,000 viewers for its first episode and that was with announced appearances by John Cena and Rob Gronkowski. That equals a 0.002 rating in the key 18-49 demographic.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. RayS

0.002? That’s almost Mr. Blutarsky’s GPA.

16. AirJordanFan93

Should be a 0.02. But this company has zero traction and is losing fans rapidly and isn't creating stars at all.

17. diveintoyesterday

Add me to the list of people that don't get him. I also have a hard time watching anything involving Chuck Taylor (no idea what his gimmick is) & Marko Stunt.

MikeInFla likes this.
  18. AirJordanFan93

In Case You Missed it, CM Punk showed up on WWE Backstage on Tuesday night his first WWE related appearance since his departure from WWE in 2014

Bleacher Report on Twitter

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. MikeInFla

20. AirJordanFan93

21. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I don't think Punk misses the aches and pains of wrestling or the BS he had to put up from Vince and his cronies like Triple H, but I am sure he misses performing in front of a live crowd and getting that rush from the crowd reacting to his moves and promos. If I were a betting man, I would bet good money that we will see him wrestle again in WWE ring. I doubt he'll ever return on a full-time basis, but I could see him coming back for a few big matches, similar to what The Rock did years ago. That might actually make me watch again for a brief spell, unless the attention whores that are Triple H and Stephanie make themselves a big part of his return. I would have zero interest in that.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. AirJordanFan93

You know full well they will.

Thwacko likes this.
  23. MikeInFla

Well, Corny made an offensive comment on NWA and they have now parted ways. Kind of odd, the show was taped 7 weeks ago. Jim is Jim and he is gonna say a lot of things. If this was Smoky Mountain Wrestling in 1993 it would have never been noticed but it isn't 93 anymore. But I fault the NWA in this one. They had 7 weeks to edit the tape so they had plenty of time to remove the line.

Last night, the NWA pulled an episode of Powerrr after a comment from Jim Cornette that many found offensive. The episode was later re-added to Youtube with Cornette’s line muted. He said: “Trevor Murdoch is the only person who can strap a bucket of fried chicken to his back and ride a motor scooter across Ethiopia. Trevor Murdoch can take care of himself!

Now, the NWA has sent out an announcement that they have cut ties with Jim Cornette and he will no longer be a commentator for the company. It reads:
    Effective immediately: Jim Cornette has resigned from the National Wrestling Alliance. As an announcer on the November 19th edition of NWA Power, Jim made remarks during a singles match between Nick Aldis and Trevor Murdoch that were both offensive and do not meet the high standards of decency and good faith of the National Wrestling Alliance.

To ensure that such an error can never happen again, we’ve established new procedures of review for all NWA programming going forward.

We sincerely regret our failure in this regard.

Meanwhile, Cornette posted a message to Twitter and it doesn’t seem apologetic, if you were wanting that.

He wrote: “Morning everybody! Heard any good jokes lately? This coming Friday’s Jim Cornette Experience (wherever you find your favorite podcasts) is liable to be a good one if you like hearing stupid people told what they can do with their stupidity.”

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The thing is with Corny that I get it. I've heard him do that same crack a couple of times, but this is not 30 or 40 years ago. The remark was meant to convey that Murdoch was the redneckiest of rednecks. I confess to making similar remarks back in the same time frame. But this ain't then. By the way, the way I heard it is that this episode was live although there are several episodes already in the can.
    I heard the remark and immediately face palmed. Working commentary on a live match is a stream of conscienceness thing and you keep talking and calling the action. Your mouth sometimes disassociates from your brain. and turdlets can fall out.
    No blackballing required here.