Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

AEW tonight was great. you're a fat faced idiot yay yay yay

jmobrien68 and WarEagleRK like this.
  2. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Forum Resident

Even before it died though people had turned on it. I was never a fan myself. Too goofy.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Matthew Tate

i use to watch AAA and that was better. i don't think i've had AAA on a station i have for about 10 years now

4. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

If you follow luchablog they will stream AAA shows and let you know where to find it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Matthew Tate

i wonder if the hell brothers are still there

6. WarEagleRK

If you haven't seen him you should check out El Hijo Del Vikingo. He is their top young star. They have been building him and Psycho Clown as Omega's next challengers for the AAA title.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I am still blown away by the fact that even with all of the big name talent that AEW has on their roster... Matt Lee and Jeff Parker (2.0) are in the main event... It's like Khan had made it his goal to win me over... and it's working. Great show, start to finish.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. WarEagleRK

I wouldn't give away Omega vs Danielson for free, but glad I get to see it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Matthew Tate

next week looks hype for both nights

10. Matthew Tate

i think its great they are still pushing the guys that have been there awhile and didn't just insert them into main events

i'm still shocked how much corny hates kenny omega

MikeInFla likes this.
  11. Matthew Tate

theres about a dozen guys AEW needs to start dropping and bring in davey richards and bobby fish and get ready for kevin steen

12. jmobrien68

I damn near passed out when HOOK cinched in the Dragon Sleeper on Punk... F****ing HOOK... Just so badass in the most ridiculous pro-wrestling way... If you know, you know.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. jmobrien68

Non title match... But that's how it should be right now... It gives the bedrock of AEW some legitimacy by not letting someone come in and call their shot after the company built up their "win-loss" rankings for the most part.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. WarEagleRK

I understand the strategy of having Danielson win a non-title match to get the title shot, but I wouldn't give their first match in a major promotion away on 1) a show that is already sold out and 2) for free. If you are going to give it away for free, find a show you haven't already sold all of the tickets for and make some extra money.

15. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Here’s a reason no matter how much I want to dislike Cena, I just can’t. The dude fails spectacularly but doesn’t put any spin on it and just comes out and says he swung big and missed big. These days nobody wants to take responsibility for mistakes yet here is a guy owning it. John Cena says selling 37 WWE NFTs was 'a catastrophic failure'

16. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Doesn't that reflect more on John Cena's overall popularity in the WWE Universe? The guy has always received mixed reactions from the fans where the majority that liked him were kids. Now that they have grown up and either stopped watching wrestling altogether or moved on to another promotion like AEW there is just no interest in the guy (sorry to say). Sure there are some trying to proclaim how great he is with a promo and how he should be treated like a legend and never giving up on the business, it's just that Cena's act is stale and it has been for a very long time. I know that Cena wants to do everything within his power to help the business out, I argue he would be best to stay out of the ring and continue focusing on his Hollywood career like The Rock has done.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. WarEagleRK

WWE's TV ratings went up a decent amount when Cena came back for the Reigns match, so he moves the meter as far as TV goes.

As far as the mixed reaction, women and kids would cheer him and guys would boo him, but at least he was getting a reaction. Most today can't get any reaction.

Matthew Tate and noname74 like this.
  18. WarEagleRK

Seems like just a good all around dude.

19. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

I think this speaks more to the folks who sold these not understanding the market that is his fanbase. Those products at that price point didn't appeal to the fans he has, and there are certainly still a lot of them.

noname74 and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I thought about buying one, but at that price I just couldn't see it.

21. noname74

Groan.

RayS likes this.
  22. noname74

23. jmobrien68

24. WarEagleRK

If the Flair story the flight attendant told was true, and with Flair's rep there is no reason to doubt it, then nobody should be using Flair whether it be commercials or AEW.

Tommy Dreamer came off really bad as a talking head on that doc. Also, I think someone told ref Mike Chioda that the show was "light side of the ring" and that they were there to glorify the behavior.

25. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Hey, not all of us can be Jerry Lawler. :)

ianuaditis and noname74 like this.