Anybody been to VPI’s factory?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by dreamingtree1855, Nov 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamingtree1855

dreamingtree1855 Filthy vinyl spinning hipster millennial Thread Starter

I recently moved from Seattle to Cliffwood, NJ and coincidentally a google search revealed that I live 13 a minute walk from VPI. I’ve been a Rega guy for awhile but I’ve always aspired to upgrade to a VPI. I’m thinking of calling and asking if they give tours or anything, though I’m afraid of the money I might end up spending. Anybody been?

displayname likes this.
  2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I haven’t been, but it wouldn’t hurt to call. I stopped by Thiel Audio one day. They had already closed, but Jim Thiel was nice enough to show me their listening room, which was very cool. I wouldn’t show up unannounced like that. :D:angel:

McLover and displayname like this.
  3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

On the other hand, they just had a Covid scare (all eventually cleared), so visits are probably unlikely for now.

VPI Industries

McLover likes this.
  4. trd

trd Forum Resident

Interesting request for a complete stranger to make to a business while in the midst of a global pandemic.

action pact likes this.
  5. harby

harby Forum Resident

Here's a tour with some principals. Apparently with them revealing more than they would have liked published on video about the cheap parts that go in a $5000 turntable and the overseas-made assemblies being delivered..

bluemooze and VinylSoul like this.
  6. Martin M

Martin M Forum Resident

I've been around SME's place in Steyning. Quite different to VPI it seems.

McLover likes this.
  7. dreamingtree1855

dreamingtree1855 Filthy vinyl spinning hipster millennial Thread Starter

I'm not just gonna show up, I plan to live here awhile, whenever things are safe again I may ask to check it out though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.