Anyone else having trouble with the redeem button on McCartney's website?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by beatlesfan9091, May 16, 2019.

1. beatlesfan9091

beatlesfan9091 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Recently bought the vinyl of Ocean's Kingdom, and when I go to paulmccartney.com/redeem and click on the button nothing happens. For all I know the code may be expired but I won't be able to tell if the button doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

2. Zeppelin fan

Zeppelin fan Forum Resident

3. Thrillsville

Thrillsville Forum Resident

Yes, funnily enough I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago when I realized that I had never redeemed the code that came with my Ocean's Kingdom CD. The redeem button on the page doesn't seem to do anything and I've tried different browsers both without Private and Incognito modes engaged and also on different OS's (Mac & PC). I don't know why I didn't redeem it back then but I'm assuming it's expired now as he's changed labels (Hear Music to Capitol).

The way to redeemed the codes from the latest box sets (Flowers In The Dirt and Wings 1971-73) used a direct page address i.e. paulmccartney.com/redeem/"title" while the previous ones just used the redeem page (which is probably still there as a forgotten holdover and nobody's noticed that it's defunct).

I'm not sure why I didn't redeem my Ocean's Kingdom code back when I bought the CD but as it's just a live performance of the same material I'm not too heartbroken over it.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  4. galone_es

galone_es Forum Resident

I have the same problem. When I press the Redeem button, nothing happens.
    I contacted McCartney's web site, but to no avail.
    Also, the sending of messages thru their Facebook seems to be disabled.

foxylady likes this.
  5. galone_es

galone_es Forum Resident

anyone had this trouble and found a solution ?

6. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

You need to contact Dropcards, not the McCartney website.

7. janmaccazwan

janmaccazwan Forum Resident

I have problem with the Red Rose Speedway Hi-res. There is no Redeem button for Red Rose Speedway.
    I contact Dropcards but they can not help me! Hello! We unfortunately did not produce these cards. You'll need to reach out to the label directly for assistance

8. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

Aha. So maybe you need to contact HearMusic - as the poster above states McCartney switched back to Capitol recently, but I'm not sure if this was before/after the release of RRS.

No idea why the McCartney site itself seems to be so unhelpful.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  9. janmaccazwan

janmaccazwan Forum Resident

Have somebody the link for the downloads for Red Rose Speedway. The link from flaming pie is Flaming Pie .
    But what is the link for red rose speedway?

10. Arndur

Arndur Forum Resident

Have you been able to download from the Flaming Pie link? The site seems to be down.

11. Alberto Velázquez

Alberto Velázquez Active Member

Hello, I had the same problem, I could not use the codes of the old boxes because www.paulmccartney.com/redeem did not work. Fortunately, the new boxes have customer service, but I had previously read that the downloadable content are managed by different sites. However, I did send an email to [email protected], which I believe manages the vinyl section. The service was very friendly, they did not check me if I had really bought legally or if I had a box in my possession, I just explained that I had a collection and that my old boxes did not have access to downloadable content. Today I was happily able to download McCartney II again, I hope this information will help you. Sorry for the bad english.

12. beetlesonique

beetlesonique Forum Resident

I can confirm that I also succeeded to get a valid download code via [email protected] for my Wings Over America Archive Boxset which I purchased last year new and sealed.

The funny thing is that I contacted them about a year ago shortly after I purchased the boxset, about the issue's with the downloads and then I got the reply that they could not help me because they only dealt with the downloads that were included with vinyl.

Something must have changed in the meantime because now, a year later and after inquiring again, they sent me a new code for the full set in 24/96 without hesitation!

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I can't get my downloads for the Red Rose Speedway box. The site keeps me going in circles. I put in the code, it takes me to the login page, I log in it takes me bsck to the enter the code page and it continues over and over. PushSupport sent me a new code but the same thing is happening. Very frustrating. I may just return the box set and be done with it.

14. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Giving up hope on receiving the downloads for Red Rose Speedway. I had some correspondence with pushsupport. They seemed nice enough but kept telling me to do the same things that I already done and nothing worked. I tried different computers and browsers. No luck. They said they’d forward my info to another department. I can’t see myself buying anymore deluxe editions if I can’t get the downloads.

15. Colinjpush

Colinjpush Master of Rhythm and Pacing

It’s kinda dumb there’s limits/expiration dates to the downloadable material, as if they don’t see anybody ever getting their hands on a brand new copy beyond a few years.