Anyone having troubles ordering from AMAZON?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MechanicalAnimal6, Apr 22, 2022.

1. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Exactly. The two customer support people I've spoken with said this is a glitch in the system and it's not intentional. Perhaps Amazon isn't losing as much money from this compared to other products, but the fact of the matter is customers can't place orders and all parties lose.

Planbee likes this.
  2. Nick Papagiorgio

Nick Papagiorgio Member

I just ordered two CDs no problem. Back in bidness! Another first world problem solved!

Dave and GuidedByJonO))) like this.
  3. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Well, as I'm catching up with this thread, I saw this and felt it's a good one to reply to: tonight I checked to see if I could purchase my quantity=1 LP that's been stuck with this bug for several days ... and I was finally able to purchase it tonight. Amazon has $13.30 more of my money! Hooray!

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  4. David G.

David G. Forum Resident

Like others, I was able to successfully order a couple of CDs this evening, despite not being able to order the exact same CDs yesterday. I guess they found somebody among their 457,000,000 employees who knows what they're doing.

5. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident Thread Starter

i am really glad i started this thread and i am glad that we all got to go thru this mess together and that it was resolved for all.
    thanks to everyone else that helped in contacting Customer Service and didn't give up and were relentless like i was as well.

Cheers All !

6. musicfiend

musicfiend Active Member

The thread was invaluable. Would have had no idea what was going on without it. There is still virtually no other info about the debacle anywhere online. It was so helpful to know that everyone was affected.

7. AllGood

AllGood Well-Known Member

Yeah same! Love that this thread was created, because I least I'm not alone in this matter and seems to be a bigger problem than just my account.

It's been ~24 hours and I can still order stuff! Which is good because there's an album that just went live that I wanted to get and checked out fine. :)

8. Thrashard

Thrashard Well-Known Member

Yeah I keep thinking its going to happen again :D but at least we all have this thread to reference now if by chance it does happen again.

9. Baz66

Baz66 CD Music Fan

I don't rate Amazon now. I ordered CDs a while back from Amazon prime they sent me the wrong ones i could not be bothered with the hassle i wrote the cash off, ordered them from independent sellers. If i can i buy from Eil.com, music magpie, wob, 1 Stop Madonna Shop, Madonna Official website.

Another thing that irritated me not long ago on my device i had some trolling rubbish at the bottom of the screen. It said Recommended / Top Picks For You, then stuff like kill and die with my first name in it. They were films and books very clever the way it was done. I thought someone at Amazon UK really hates my guts. I just thought the person that sent the email is a complete tosser. I usually buy new releases box sets from Amazon this month i ordered Madonna's 3 CD set from her website and Sheena Easton Live CD & DVD from Cherry Reds website. I don't care about Amazon.

10. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Can't even count how many times I've pre-ordered an album from them that indicates Prime shipping, but then once release day comes it disappears into the ether and never gets a shipping date, forcing me to ultimately cancel. It's happening way too often.

Spitfire likes this.
  11. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Definitely a pain. I don't preorder anything anymore.

12. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Try a different web browser or computer.

13. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

I only order from Amazon as a last resort. Over a month ago, I ordered some specific record sleeves (I usually get them elsewhere but this time couldn't. A little while later I received notice from Amazon that the shipment could not be delivered due to damage in shipping and was told I would be refunded. I have not received that refund yet. I tried going going through their system to find out why no refund and every attempt led me to a dead end. On-line chat led to a dead end. Asked for call back and was told that was not possible at this time- dead end. Nothing but dead-ends.

What a joke. My reluctance to order from Amazon has grown deeper than ever. I'm a fool for ordering from them in the first place. I really should have known better. Nothing but trouble- and this is not the first time. Never again!

CharleyRay likes this.
  14. Slimwhit33

Slimwhit33 Forum Resident

Weird, sorry to hear. Never had an issue with getting a refund or doing a smooth return. Love Amazon.

Dave, Brian Lux and yunro2 like this.
  15. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

I appreciate you empathy.
    The thing for me is, I should never have ordered from Amazon in the first place. I know million upon million of people do, but I wonder how many know or care about how they go about business? About how Bezos has made it his life goal to close down as many independent family owned businesses as he can? About how Amazon warehouses have destroyed neighborhoods and polluted their air with their fleets of trucks? This company is terrible. My order was shipped by Amazon, they admitted it was undeliverable, and have not refunded my money. Sounds like theft to me. I will never order a thing from them again. Never!