Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by spice9, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

My guess is the caller would be the chicken guy/drug lord. Hank being killed would upset Walt, possibly enough to make him not want to work anymore, and chicken/drug lord is very eager to make Walt happy, as evidenced by his willing to fire his assistant in favor of Jesse.

2. seg763

seg763 Senior Member

on another site there was a theory posted that Gus (the chicken guy) orchestrated the whole thing.

he steered the cousins toward Hank to save Walt. and..
    he (Gus) had his fixer guy Mike (also Saul's fixer guy) trailing the brothers so that he could tip off hank at the last second. Then either of the following would happen

1) the cousins kill Hank and the DEA comes down on the brothers and the Mexican side of the drug trade (Juan Bolsa).

or

2) Hank kills the cousins, and they are out of Gus's hair with no trail back to Gus.

alas, for gus neither 1 or 2 happened, he got a mess instead.

3. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

This episode was a bit depressing imo. Jesse is a total idiot.

Chicken guy seems to be playing a dangerous game too. He's got what he wanted but Jesse's loose in the kitchen...

4. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Why Walt elected to leave Jesse alone in that lab escapes me. I'd have definitely sent him home if I wasn't there to supervise him.
    And I wonder what fate befell Walt's former assistant after his "dismissal":eek:

5. ress4279

ress4279 Senior Member

I don't understand why Jesse was left alive after he made the threat to bring down the whole operation if he got caught. If Walt wanted him out of his life, his "boss" at the restaurant would have listened. After all, he gave up the cousins to Hank, (my conjecture), and wiped out his colleagues in Mexico when they threatened his operation.

OTOH, not knowing what's to come, maybe Jesse serves a greater need in the long run, like Gollum in Lord of The Rings.

6. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

The only reason this show isnt top of the charts is the fact that they have to milk all the smart/exciting parts to stretch episodes/seasons...and the fact its on a channel w/ commercials will kill it.

7. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

So, looks like Jesse is going to start selling the blue locally, when chicken man is trying to avoid that...

8. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

Too many F'n "the movie up" previews

9. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Not been getting any previews here.

10. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

I hope nobody I've been telling how great this show is, watched the "Fly in the Lab" episode. Stink!

11. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

If people you told to watch the show are just now starting 3 episodes from the end of the season, they'll have bigger issues than that. :sigh:

12. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

Its half over,(tonight)...I think it shoulda' been aptly named "Filler"

13. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Couldn't disagree more. We saw Walt's mental state take a step back as the guilt over the death of Jesse's girl, his wrecked family, and the certain fate that awaits him at the hands of Chicken Man after the three months is up takes it's toll. All brought into focus by the smallest thing...an annoying fly.
    And of course as is the usual with Walt, he develops a closeness to someone , (in this case Jesse) & then deep sixes it at the end (telling him that if he's stealing meth from the Chicken Man, he can't protect him)
    Brilliant TV, IMO.

14. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

BORING TV, IMO. 50 minutes of Walt trying to catch a fly, and 10 minutes of a drug-induced apology to Jesse. :rolleyes:

Could've at least given a little Hank update or Chicken man stuff. I hope this wasn't the "jump-the-shark" episode.:eek:

15. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

yeah gosh. No crazy Mexicans carrying around axes..what to do...what to do?:rolleyes:

16. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

I'm sure you know the mexican bros are dead, unless that's supposed to be some crack at my attention span. I agree with BigAlsBro... Filler.

17. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

I agree it was a pretty dull affair. You could probably miss this episode completely and not realise.

18. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

I'm glad someone else saw what they were trying to do in this episode. We've had glimpses of Walt's obsessive-bordering-on-maniacal behavior before, but here it was for a full episode, in sharp focus. He's coming apart quickly, and this was a great way to illustrate it.

Boring? Not to anyone who realizes that not every episode is going to be a slam-bang action-fest where every plot point must be advanced a certain number of increments.

19. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I just watched the episode (off the DVR), and loved it.... I actually thought it was hilariously funny in addition to showing the "obsessive-bordering-on-maniacal behavior" of Walt's current mental state.

Yes, it was a departure from the "normal" episode .... but it was a welcome addition into viewing Walt's psyche.

20. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

Season time hanger-on-er, episode extender. plot overthinker...

21. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

[​IMG]

22. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

Not many ***** cats I wouldnt hug...

23. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

then there is hope for yah! ;)

24. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

:righton:

25. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

I doubt that the show's producers sat around one day and said, "Know what we should do, just for fun? Devote a whole episode to Walt chasing a fly."

These serialized types of shows have meticulously planned story arcs that are mapped out well in advance of production of the season's first episode. If you think this week's supposed waste of a show doesn't tie into the big picture somehow, I suspect you'll be in for a big surprise in a few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.