Anyone try Boltz TV cart/stands?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by tomhayes, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member Thread Starter

2. RMT

RMT Well-Known Member

I have the Boltz 3 shelf LP holder that also serves as my equipment stand, Lp's on the bottom shelf, couple of box sets of cd's and a cd player/amp on the middle shelf and small bookshelf speakers on top with plenty of room between for another component when it arrives. Not the same set up you're looking at but I definitely give a thumbs up to the company and unit I'm using.

3. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

If I were single and lived in a converted factory loft I’d have Boltz furniture. The WAF is basically zero.

4. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

I wish they made speaker stands; I may reach out to them.

5. nwdavis1

nwdavis1 Forum Resident

I have a boltz cd rack that I bought about 20 years ago. It is very solid but because it is steel and Michigan is humid in the summers it has started to rust. You probably won’t have that problem in San Diego but it’s something to be aware of.

patient_ot likes this.
  6. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

I have three of the 4 shelf units. They are solid and indestructible. They are also a bit overpriced, but I live in earthquake country and have little fear that the shelves will collapse when a big one hits. All of my records might fall out off the shelves, but the shelves will stand. I haven't experienced rust, but I don't live in a super humid area.

patient_ot likes this.
  7. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Interesting that your rack is rusting. I have a few different Boltz racks around the house and I haven't noticed any rust. I have had most of the racks for over 16 years. I live in Boston MA, and it gets real humid here during the summers.

nwdavis1 and Blender like this.
  8. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I had two of the freestanding CD racks years ago. Very well made product. Last year I visited my brother where he still has one of the old CD racks and there was some light rust on it, so yeah, I would agree with this. I should mention these were purchased in the late 90s, not sure if they make them differently now to counteract rust more.

nwdavis1 likes this.
  9. Blender

Blender Forum Resident

All of my Boltz units were bought within the last six years and are all powder coated. Not sure whether that treatment is new, however.

patient_ot likes this.
  10. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

The old ones had some kind of paint on them - no idea if the type of paint has changed though - you'd have to ask the company.

Blender likes this.
  11. Eigenvector

Eigenvector Forum Resident

I have the infinitely expandable CD racks which I have been using for over 10 years. Mine are attached directly to the wall and they are quite solid! You could probably climb them, if you wanted to. Mine are black powder coated and have no rust that I can see.

I took this picture right before I disassembled them as we are remodeling this room. I probably won't put them back as I'd like to find a storage solution a little less "visible" from now on.

[​IMG]

Blender and patient_ot like this.
  12. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I have two CD racks from Boltz and the quality has been quite good. No rusting on ours. They seem to have some sort of clearcoat on them.

13. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

My oldest stand is about 18 years old and it has the anthracite metallic finish. That finish did develop some stains on the shelf top surface but not the sides and no rust. My cd racks the have the anthracite metallic finish are stain and rust free. The flat black power coat finish on my other stands has no stains or rust.

Blender likes this.
  14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Yes the stands are coated with a finish the seals the steel and keeps oxidation out. I'm think perhaps people with rust scratched or wore the finish so that the humid air could affect the steel.

Blender and LeeS like this.
  15. Not true. I have three CD units (like Eigenvector’s above units), two DVD units (used for blu-rays and box sets, same height and width as the CD units), and a four shelf high LP unit (used for LP’s and box sets) and my wife loves all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.