AP UHQR Jethro Tull Aqualung

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gordon Johnson, May 4, 2019.

1. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

So there is a precedence.

2. warpig

warpig Senior Member

I would think that Aqualung would come out a little faster from lessons learned. All the equipment should be up to speed now I would think.

Also I am looking forward to Aqualung. I would also be on the wagon for the 45rpm Zeppelin.

3. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Yes, that would totally fish me in. The 45 rpm Zeppelin catalog. Maybe they could sell the road case box as an option. I’d buy that too. One of my biggest regrets is not buying that road case box the first time around ($700).

From what I’ve seen, the quality control on that box wasn’t stellar. What if they could redo it but better? UHQR Zeppelin road case box. Don’t think about the price on that one, just don’t let it go.

Joti Cover, warpig and giantleech like this.
  4. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I doubt it's possible, even if they had the permission. Analogue Productions would need too much
    metal-work from Classic Records to do it again with the One-Step process, it requires a whole bunch of "father" 1st generation plates
    that are used directly for pressing, in comparison to the normal process of a small number of "father" plates being used to make
    multiple "mother" plates to produce a large number of pressing stampers.

In the case of Classic Records metalwork, if AP has those 1st generation "father" plates, those could be used to make more new
    "mothers" and more "stamper" copies, but I highly doubt there are enough original fathers to start pressing again. So a program of
    One-Step Zeppelin albums seems incredibly unlikely. But they could do more copies of normal 3 step pressings, IF they have
    the fathers, and IF they could licence it again. Sadly, that would be just about the only way new analog vinyl could be made again, it appears the
    Zep master tapes were not in great shape the last time they did the reissue campaign, they used the digital remasters.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  5. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

And a precedent. :D

6. Are the UHQRs done with a one step process? I was unaware of that.

Also, just because digital files were used in the previous campaign does not indicate to me anything regarding the condition of the tapes. Could very well be they just didn’t care whether it was AAA or not and using the digital files is easier and eliminates any risk associated with breaking out the master tapes. The BN75 series, for instance, was digitally sourced and those tapes seem to be in great condition considering what MMJ did with many of the same titles

Marty T likes this.
  7. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Zeppelin, Stones, Beatles....biggies...aint happenin'

And with the titles they are coming out with...seems like a pretty boring campaign for the most part.

marcb likes this.
  8. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Where was this announced? I done see it on the AS website

9. FashionBoy

FashionBoy Forum Resident

I'm out on this title, not interested.

10. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

I could be wrong, I has assumed they were, but it doesn't appear in their website, so i guess they are doing a normal plating process.

11. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

Chad will probably just use the old Classic 45 RPM Mothers that Bernie did right?

12. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Hendrix title was not one step. I doubt this one is either.

In the future with other titles, well we will have to wait and see.

13. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

I had always assumed the Hendrix was to be a one-step, it was the only reason I pre-ordered.
    I'm doubtful if I'll get any more of these if I already have the Classic Records version.

14. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Is Aqualung out yet? :waiting:

ssmith3046 likes this.
  15. Gordon Johnson

I don't ever recall these Hendrix titles being touted as such, just forum gossip I suppose.

16. Gordon Johnson

Tomorrow:biglaugh:

17. Nycademon

Nycademon Forum Resident

There are Steven Wilson remasters, but not of this album.

18. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

There’s a new age dawning here, to an old age plan.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Where did the OP find the reference and picture of the Aqualung as the next UHQR?

20. Gordon Johnson

Found it posted on a other thread but knew about before that.

The flyer is in each Axis box. It offers the chance to get the order in early.

21. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Is there a secret code to order one of these, or is the cat out of the bag and people are already flooding AP with pre-orders?

22. Gordon Johnson

No idea of ordering details, sorry.

As these UHQRs cost so much more to import I'll only be buying the ones that really appeal. I doubt there will be that many that will have me spend 75% more than you guys in the US have to for them.

23. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I think there must be some misunderstanding here. I have my mono copy and am looking at the included flyer right now. There’s nothing about how to order early on it. It doesn’t even indicate what the pressing will be limited to. I’m guessing maybe they haven’t even decided that yet.

So I’d say relax. Maybe if you call AS they can place an order as MD has done with their one steps, not sure. I’ll bet everyone who wants to spend $100+ on another copy of Aqualung will have ample opportunity to do so soon enough.

24. Gordon Johnson

So, anyone order or try to order on the back of receiving the flyer?

25. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

OK, I’m thoroughly confused. There is absolutely nothing on the back of the flyer, NADA. It’s a blank sheet. The front is just an announcement of next on press. No codes, no ordering information or anything else. My stereo arrives tomorrow or Saturday. Maybe the flyer in it will be different. I’m guessing not.