Apple Music Redesign

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by maui jim, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident Thread Starter

streaming service Apple Music went thru a bit of design change this week. Under the For You category, the top of the page after their mixes are your most recently played albums or playlists. Then they have added musical categories they have figured you enjoy. For me, they added a grunge and classic rock selections of albums and playlists mixed in. Previously they had chosen albums of the day for you and then below another lists of playlists like Dylan’s Deep Cuts...
    Any thoughts on these changes...

2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm happy to see the list of recently played albums, as I'd frequently forget what I had listened to and would be unable to find it again. I still wish there were a way to add albums to my library without turning on Apple Music Library - every time I've turned that on it has messed up my cover art and tags.

Jim Duckworth likes this.
  3. Jim Duckworth

Jim Duckworth I can't lose with the stuff I use.

Exactly! The cover art for some of my music seems to evolve over time."

4. mercuryvenus

mercuryvenus Forum Resident

I noticed that too. In some ways I like the redesign, but I still wish there was a better way of getting back to whatever playlist or album I'm listening to from the screen that shows just the particular song. I have to go back to the main screen and go to "recently played," unless I'm missing something?

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

My workaround is to use a separate device with none of my own files on it for Apple Music Library; I've got an iPad that I don't sync any playlists with and have Apple Music Library turned on, so it ONLY displays purchases and albums I've added via Apple Music. Unfortunately, they don't show up on my phone but at least I can maintain a list somewhere of stuff I want to listen to.

Jim Duckworth likes this.
  6. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

Aha. The redesign is probably the reason why Apple Music doesn’t work anymore in iTunes in older MacOS versions. Really annoying, as I have a subscription, but need to use an older OS version to keep Apple Logic 9 working.

7. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

harumph............not a Beatles related thread

forthlin and cdash99 like this.
  8. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

They still haven’t fixed this? This means that there’s no sense creating a separate iTunes directory specifically for upload purposes, as the cloud version of the software won’t play specific live tracks not given a traditional release. I’m thinking of live Springsteen downloads or the GD Dave’s Picks series.

9. DreadPikathulhu

The last time I tried it, no. I’ve also got thousands of live tracks and hundreds of hours renaming and tagging and don’t want the cloud messing with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.