DCC Archive Are there 2 different versions of Sinatra's Reprise box set?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris Desjardin, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

I bought the Reprise set of 20 CD's in a nice box with hard cover book. It is dated 1995. Was there a later version with better remastering like the concepts box set?

2. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

There are two different versions of the Sinatra Reprise Box set. Catalog #46013 came out in 1995. This is the 'suitcase' version. Listed for about $500. It was released again in October of 1998 in the tan rectangular box catalog number 47045. Listed for $299. I thought it was remastered but I haven't heard it so don't quote me.

3. Chris Desjardin

I got mine from the BMG CD Club for $89.99 (plus a hefty postage fee). It is the non-suitcase version. I just want to make sure I have the best available mastering. If not, it's ebay bound.

4. RDK

RDK Active Member

Chris, I believe the one from BMG (at least judging by the picture) is of the later, remastered box. I wonder if the "1995" date has just been carried over since it's essentially the same set?
    Regardless, how'd you get it for that price? When i check out BMG it gives me a price of $199.98. What makes you so special? :)
    I just picked up the Capitol Concepts box off of Ebay the other day for $75, so i'm awaiting to hear how that one sounds.
    Ray

5. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

Don't quote me on this but I think the mastering is the same. WEA UK refused to carry the suitcase version because of the high price tag. Just the packaging changed.

6. Chris Desjardin

BMG sent out a special catalog with a seperate box set booklet. It had tons of box sets dirt cheap. Sometimes I don't think the web site has the same specials the mailings have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.