Arrow Video Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sgt Pepper, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frangelico

Frangelico Forum Resident

I have 16 so far, including the two Seijun Suzuki boxes. Recently picked up Property Is No Longer a Theft. Interesting film, need to rewatch. Some Arrow titles are released with slipcases for a limited time.

2. One issue is that Arrow's first pressings usually include a booklet, while repressings drop the booklet.

3. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I’m up to 122 now. The only label I own more releases from is Eureka.

4. Frangelico

Frangelico Forum Resident

I only have a couple of sleeves, but everything I bought has booklets. I did notice some really light Arrows at a store they might not have booklets - I think you could tell since the cases are clear.

5. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

It's regrettable that they've begun to release films that already had good ones, like Robocop.

6. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

They have quite a good warehouse sale going on right now. I picked up several titles for half off.

7. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I didn’t get any Arrow titles this sale, but I did buy four Second Run BDs at £8 a pop.

8. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Just picked up the Death Walks Twice box set.

9. _David_

_David_ Forum Resident

Another sale on at Arrow at the moment - Camp Arrow Video

I'm thinking of buying the Robocop Ltd SteelBook Blu-Ray. All the other Arrow limited editions I've bought have shot up in value when they eventually sell out, and this is a film I've wanted to re-watch for years.

budwhite likes this.
  10. _David_

_David_ Forum Resident

On the off chance anyone else is shopping online in the early hours and has a fondness for social realist documentaries about the decline of modern Britain; these two are going cheap at the moment:

[​IMG]
    FROM LIFT TO THE ROAD: THE FILMS OF MARC ISAACS BLU-RAY SECONDRUNBD015 08/10/2018 Blu-Ray 1 £15.00

[​IMG]
    TAŞKAFA: STORIES OF THE STREET / ESTATE, A REVERIE TWO FILMS BY ANDREA LUKA ZIMMERMAN DVD SECONDRUN116 15/05/2017 DVD 1 £5.00

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I love their BD of Dillinger with Warren Oates!

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Feast -Hershall Gordon Lewis BD box set is absolutely amazing!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.