Audience Cable and SH Forums Fundraising-Raffle-Giveaway time! ALL IS WELL: DONATE NOW!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

C2418C1C-3328-4E3B-A092-0CE9D3DE2EF3.jpeg We are trying something new this year. If you donate to the SH Forums, you will be eligible to enter our raffle and win Audience Au24 1.5 meters of RCA Interconnets and Audience 6 feet of mighty power cable.

Nine items to win, nine chances to win!!

The SH Forums, founded back in 2002 is considered by many the Greatest Music Forum Of Them All! Always Ad-free. Really, this is your forum, you pick the musical topics, you learn and share your knowledge with others.

As you know by now, it costs over $5,000.00 a year to keep this place running smoothly.

Since we do not have banner advertising (and never will although we've been asked; heck, many companies have BEGGED!) we need your assistance to keep this place banner ad free.

You can donate any amount, large or small (via PayPal) by clicking here:

Contribute/Subscribe

Advertisers are still licking their lips regarding this place and have been doing so for many years. I've always held them off; we get way over a million hits a month here and it has been noted out there in Internetland.

The volunteer moderators and I really appreciate all of your support. The SH Forums have really taken on a life of their own since the beginning of 2002. A giant swelling membership means the Forums have lost their intimacy of the early years but that is the only downside. Our wonderful moderators keep our Forums fun. It has been great for the last 19 years!

And now this year, I'd like to try something different. So, a little story:

Back in 2011 my stereo playback system sounded unhappy to me. I reached out for some help and the fine folk at Audience stepped up. They sent me their famous Au24 RCA interconnects, bi-wire speaker wire and power cords along with a killer-diller power conditioner. Enough to class up 4 stereo systems.

I used Audience for many years, enjoying every minute. When Audio Note of the United Kingdom came into my life in 2014 furnishing complete electronics and wire to match, I moved my Audience wire to my downstairs systems where they still hold sway over my VAC and some vintage gear.

But, still new, sealed in the boxes are plenty of Audience wire that I never used. I thought it would be a great idea to give it away in this fundraiser and also raise the Audience profile at the same time.

Their Au24 RCA interconnect sound is mighty, and delicate at the same time. A perfect balance (to me) of all that makes upscale wire worthwhile. Each pair of Audience RCA Au24 "E" costs over $1,800.00 a pair out there in the real world.

The Audience 6 foot "E" Powerchord is a low impedance design that has the ability to naturally reject noise and interference, and it also radiates much less energy. This improves performance and lowers the noise floor, allowing for superior reproduction of low level detail as well as dynamics. Don't believe me? Win a Powerchord and you'll see!

So, all of you, if you just have an integrated amp with a simple CD player or a giant playback system, this is your chance to discover a new flavor of goodness.

Donate to our 2021 SH Forums Fundraiser and you'll be on the list.

When we reach our $5,000.00 goal, the moderators will instruct the computer to pick 9 random winners among our contributors (including those who have donated last week) to receive the Audience Powerchord or Au "E" interconnects (stereo pair, 1.5 m long). 9 winners, maybe more, if I can get Audience to send me a few more samples of their great stuff.

Contribute/Subscribe

Please help us by donating now, this raffle will end September 30th.

THANK YOU, MEMBERS!

F860F80D-FCF1-4F7E-A15A-4569EFCEC5DB.jpeg C22809AE-CACB-4F3E-B1D1-30B7DA425314.jpeg 20AA9504-28CD-4B1B-A525-45C258D883D4.jpeg A5077B94-CB15-4257-8372-EF1E7C06BCC6.jpeg

2. dj_w

dj_w Forum Resident

Done - and gladly!! Thank you so much for providing this to us, always a highlight of my day - I've learned so much from the community here.

jesterthejedi likes this.
  3. okc_craft

okc_craft It All Matters

I certainly appreciate this forum, and a small contribution is the least I can do!!!

4. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

My pleasure Steve. This is the best music forum on the internet.

5. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Done deal Steve I don't need to win anything thanks for the reminder on contributing.

Tim 2, jesterthejedi and timind like this.
  6. Steve Hoffman

Thank you!

Rick58, jonwoody and JorgeGvb like this.
  7. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Gladly contributed! Best forum I've ever been a part of, by far!

jonwoody and jesterthejedi like this.
  8. ChristianL

ChristianL Senior Member

Done.

9. Steve Hoffman

Thank you.

10. tlowe

tlowe Life Explorer

Done, Steve, thank you for the great work. Dont need the prize. If won, please pass it to someone who needs it more. Thank you and take care.

11. darkmass

darkmass Forum Resident

Done and happy to contribute. I wish to decline raffle participation, however. As part of the Contribute/Subscribe page a raffle participation option could be a useful addition--already there are a few who would like any raffle winnings to go to another forum member.

jonwoody and Steve Hoffman like this.
  12. UTP

UTP Forum Resident

Done!

Exactly. Thank you Steve + Gorts for this amazing forum. :thumbsup:

jonwoody likes this.
  13. LakeMountain

LakeMountain Vinyl surfer

Done! Good idea to add a raffle, hopefully it will pay off! Having said that I would have contributed anyway as it is simply best (managed) audio forum around!

14. Steve Hoffman

Thank you!

15. fish

fish Senior Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup: done. Thanks Steve for keeping this forum open for so many years now!

16. patrickd

patrickd Forum Resident

Done - this place is a haven in a mad online world.

17. Marcev

Marcev Sit back, Relax, and Enjoy the Music

Contribution Done. Thank you Steve for keeping this site ad free and available!

18. Calvin_and_Hobbes

Calvin_and_Hobbes Music Lover

Done. Steve, thank you for your efforts and that of your volunteer moderators to provide a space for such interesting conversations.

19. Steve Hoffman

Many thanks!

20. Technocentral

Technocentral Forum Resident

Gladly done, the best A/V forum ever, nothing comes close, learned so much on here.

21. timind

timind phorum rezident

Done, and money well spent.

22. MikeT.

MikeT. Forum Resident

Done and done! Well spent for sure.

jonwoody and timind like this.
  23. C10

C10 eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die

Done!