Audio Fidelity's "The Italians" CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

My local Borders had one copy and it's mine now!

Gave 'er 3 spins last night and still couldn't get enuff of it.

I could very well live without the Fabian track but everything else more than makes up for it.

2. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

It is beautiful....

Yes, Lou is half-polish...and Cher is part Armenian/part Cherokee...I know, she wouldn't have made the cut without Sonny...but if Marshall and Steve had wanted to nitpick, they woulda gone with "Laugh At Me" instead(glad they didn't! :laugh: )

:ed:

4. Kevin Sypolt

Kevin Sypolt Senior Member

I just picked up this CD, and I LOVE the sound! Thanks Steve. :righton:

I found I really like the vocal stylings of Connie Francis (even though she was popular before my time). What CF CD should I get first? Is there a good retrospective CD with good sound?

Kevin

5. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

the very best of Connie Francis

6. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

This song always reminded me of 'Vehicle' by the Ides of March. I agree that it is way over the top. :agree:

7. Kevin Sypolt

8. reidc

reidc Senior Member

I definately gotta agree here!!! I simply cannot believe just how great these sound. I grabbed mine last week- only copy Newbury Comics had in that region.

I haven't played the DVD yet, but the SOUND- that WARM WONDERFUL SOUND!!!!! This is a must have for anyone out there. Kudos to both Steve and Marshall for a real winner.

For anyone looking in a REAL store- I found this under INTERNATIONAL MUSIC- ITALY.

Chris

9. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

You did notice that it was a special order?

10. Kevin Sypolt

Got mine through half.com. No problemo. :righton:

11. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

I was listening to a Connecticut Oldies station this weekend and they had a promo sponsered by a food chain (PathMark?) for a copy of this.

I bought mine online and love it.

12. I finally found "The Italians" at my local Tower Records (it wasn't there the first two weeks after release). It was in the "Various" section under "I". They had 3 copies so there's a couple more for you Southern CT people. :)

I bought this primarily for "Beyond the Sea", but the entire disc is wonderful (well, excepting "Turn Me Loose" ;-) and sounds fantastic. I'm hearing depth and soundstaging like never before.

Thanks, Steve and company. A big thumbs up from me! :righton:

Now, how about a Vol. 2 with "Mack the Knife", some more Four Seasons, Buckinghams and Rascals? That would be sweeeet! :love:

13. RZangpo2

RZangpo2 Forum Know-It-All

Oh yeah! And why not kick it off with Little Ceasar and the Romans, "Those Oldies But Goodies"?

14. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I just got my copy and noticed that too.

This may be the loudest CD Steve's ever mastered. The levels are really hot for a SH CD. Things are right up at zero a lot of the time. How the hell did he do that without a limiter?

15. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Just like the question: "How does one get to Carnegie Hall?" Practice.

No limiter used.

16. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

This is, without a doubt, the loudest CD in my collection.

I don't do waveforms or DR values. But the "Set ADC" (overload indicator) is hard on virtually all the way through when playing the disc using normal analogue outputs from the disc player. There is less of a problem when using the AES/EBU balanced connection from another disc player, but why, why so LOUD?

I love to crank my music right up, but this one has to be turned right down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.