Automatically switching sample rate on mac running mojave

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by toypadlock, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toypadlock

toypadlock Well-Known Member Thread Starter

hi,

apologies if this has already been answered, but everything i could find on here looks to be quite out-of-date.

basically, i want to automatically switch the sample-rate in the audio/midi settings to match itunes. i have mainly non hi-res music, but am increasingly getting a bunch of 24bit lossless music at various sample rates, and want the audio/midi settings to update automatically.

bitperfect seems to no longer work according to the many low-star reviews and defeated tone of the recent updates on the creator's site. i'd also rather not use a whole different audio player such as audirvana, as i'm all tied up with itunes match, which works great for me on providing low-res files in the cloud for my iphone.

also, all the applescripts i've found seem to throw up errors, having been made for older OSes.

does anyone have a solution for an up-to-date mac that isn't manually switching or just leaving on 24bit/192khz?

2. Mok

Mok Has Potential

Here's what I do, and I'm OK with it. You might not be, but to me it works great. I bought JRiver Media Center. I have it set up to scan my iTunes music folder, so it gets its library from there. I keep iTunes organized and up to date, and use it to move music into and out of my library. I use JRiver to play on my system. I think this is about the best I can do to keep the functionality and library build of iTunes, but utilize the bit perfect playback and automatic bypass of Mac OS audio settings to get that out of the system and on to my DAC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.