Avengers: Endgame - April 26, 2019*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopefully it isn’t another origin story. We have enough of those.

2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

About time. He’s my fav comic book character, ever! He’s the classic villain, like the genius misfit son of gypsies. Sort of a real Colorful Dr. No. history.

I have that FF 57. I always carry it in my Zero Haliburton. Lol. Victory Doom, you evil guy!

4. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Eh, yes and no.

Vidiot likes this.
  5. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Sweet. I hope they introduce him in a similar way as Black Panther. I would like it if they don't include the Fantastic Four at all. Maybe at the end they can show Reed Richards or something. But make him an Avengers enemy to start (at least in the MCU). He could be a new world leader with diplomatic immunity who has Iron Man like tech. Maybe even modified from alien tech (similar to the Vulture... but with a more ambitious user/modifier). The best thing (to me) would be for the movie to end with Doom victorious and nobody can touch him. Then he could be defeated in a later film or something.

Ghostworld and superstar19 like this.
  6. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

There's always Godzilla and the titans.

7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Go Doom!
    Lol

ampmods likes this.
  8. SandAndGlass

Just came across this today.

Lakeside cabin in the woods 20 mins from ATL Intl

"Set on private property in the middle of beautiful Bouckaert Farm and home of Chattahoochee Hills Eventing this guest cabin can be your home away from home. Need to get away from it all without traveling more than 30 minutes from Atlanta? Need to have a corporate retreat with your elite team? Need to come take the kids fishing and watch a horse show? Then this is your place.
    Avengers Endgame fans... Would you like to stay in Tony Stark's cabin? This is the iconic cabin in the movie!"

Tony's lakeside cabin is a real place and is listed for rent on Airbnb for $800/day.

[​IMG]

It is located 20-miles from Atlanta. The exterior was featured in the movie but the interior was a set.

[​IMG]

Smokin Chains and Purple Jim like this.
  9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Blu/4K news

Avengers: Endgame 4K Blu-ray

The must-own, final chapter of the 22-film MCU series, "Avengers: Endgame," will be packaged several ways to ensure fans get the most out of their in-home entertainment experience.Viewers can bring home the film two weeks early on Digital 4K Ultra HD, HD and SD and gain access to an exclusive extra highlighting the love story of Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Peggy Carter. A physical copy of "Avengers: Endgame" is available as a 4K Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and Digital Code), a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray and Digital Code) and a single DVD. Fans who wish to revisit all four films in the Avengers franchise may opt for a Digital bundle, which includes "Marvel's The Avengers," "Avengers: Age of Ultron," "Avengers: Infinity War" and "Avengers: Endgame."

SPECIAL FEATURES:
    • Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
    • Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original "Iron Man" — and launched the MCU.
    • A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
    • Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow's journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
    • The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
    • The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
    • Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
    • Six Deleted Scenes – "Goji Berries," "Bombs on Board," "Suckiest Army in the Galaxy," "You Used to Frickin' Live Here," "Tony and Howard" and "Avengers Take a Knee."
    • Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
    • Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
    • Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
    4K BLU-RAY TECHNICAL SPECS:
    • Audio: English Dolby Atmos; Latin Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus; French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital; English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital
    • Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, French Canadian
    Digital exclusive:
    • Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter's bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in "Avengers: Endgame."

SandAndGlass and superstar19 like this.
  10. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Wonder if there will be a 4K box that makes more sense than just Endgame. I got a 4K OLED last week and would love to upgrade all of these films. For now I could go for a four-fer set with Avengers 1, Age of Ultron, Infinity War and Endgame. Hope they offer that.

11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

For a millisecond there, I though this was gonna be a deleted scene between Tony and Howard......THE DUCK!!!!!

12. SandAndGlass

7-Year-Old 'Avengers' Actress Asks Not to Be Bullied

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

14. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Black Widow standalone film release date was announced tonight too.

May 1st, 2020.

15. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

marmalade166 likes this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

In the modern era (last 10-15 years) perhaps, adjusted for inflation in the Domestic market it's 16th, films released in the last 25 years that are ahead include Titanic, Star Wars (Force Awakens) and Avatar.

The explosive growth in the Chinese market gave Endgame to push it needed $614 million vs $204 m for Avatar.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Well, I don't care. I'm just reporting the facts as cited by the industry trades. You can interpret the statistics any way you want it... but any movie that makes over $2 billion dollars is gonna set records, no matter when it happens.

Simon A likes this.
  18. vince

The Hud likes this.
  19. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Because Avatar was a terrible, terrible movie?

GregM, Invader Zim and vince like this.
  20. SandAndGlass

Still you can't hardly compare apples to apples without factoring in inflation. With inflation factored in, Avatar was only at #15.

Taking inflation into consideration, let's see it pass Titanic in real adjusted dollars and the original Star Wars.

[​IMG]

21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I don't think we'll ever see those type of Domestic results ever again, the marketplace and entertainment options are too numerous.

Vidiot and SandAndGlass like this.
  22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It has no meaning in the modern world. I like what the great Samuel Clemens once said (attributing Benjamin Disraeli: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." And that never applies more than it does to movie box office reports.

I also think it was not a great movie, but it was ground breaking in a lot of areas, certainly one of the very first full-length photorealistic CGI movies ever made, and one of the very first motion-capture films. I concede the story is predictable and the characters are stereotypical (particularly the villains), but it has some good moments and clearly the audience liked it: 82% for critics and 82% for the audience on RottenTomatoes, and an 83 on Metacritic, which is to me is about right. 83 out of 100... still a passing grade, but far from perfect. But also not terrible. Terrible would be maybe a 50... or a 53, like Alita: Battle Angel.

superstar19 likes this.
  23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

24. vince

Nothing says, "Thanks for 'hyping' all my "Avatar" sequels!" like a full-page ad!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  25. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It's posted on the Avatar Facebook page, not an ad in the traditional sense and it follows the one he posted when Endgame passed Titanic. They're all part of the same family now anyways.

SandAndGlass, vince and BeatleJWOL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.