Back to the Future 35th Anniversary 4k Sets Announced

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MrEWhite, Aug 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

No 0ne answered my question: Is this trailer intact on this new Blu-Ray?

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Just caught this on Facebook, which is hilarious (and apt):

[​IMG]

3. AKA

AKA Senior Member

What about Flea?

4. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

I've noticed Lea aged incredibly well by any standards. She still looks like herself too, so it seems more like good aging than cosmetic procedures. And she hasn't gained weight like her character did, which helps. Lloyd aged worse than his makeup, but the makeup people probably intentionally played down the aging so that he looked more photogenic in the 1980s scenes and didn't have to act through thick makeup. Certainly when watching the movie, there is much less of a shock at seeing his age difference than there is with the other characters, because they didn't give him as stark of a contrast. His character may have also been intended to be 5 or 10 years younger than himself. But his real-life aging seems pretty normal for someone who's 82 now and was over 75 30 years after BTTF.

The makeup on the other 3 actors all seems to have been pretty accurate. They just picked the wrong one to give gray hair to.

Vidiot likes this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

She's had a little work done: Lea turns 60 this week. Very nice lady, very talented performer, total pro -- I worked on Caroline in the City for several years. Great lighting, great makeup, and a little nip & tuck can help immensely.

ted321 likes this.
  6. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

There was a line in Caroline in the City something like, "Why is someone in this apartment building always cooking stuffed cabbage?" that I've always thought of over the years, because I often run into that offensive order inside apartment buildings. I know exactly what they were getting at.

This is a recent video of Lea with her daughter:

Also, you can see how nice Lea is with how polite she was with this Fox News reporter, even though she understood they might have some disagreement about Obama:
    Jesse Watters talks to Lea Thompson

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Watters was surprisingly restrained there himself, as he's usually more obnoxious.

Maybe he knew he'd get booted if he acted up!

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

BTW, here's some Back to the Future outtakes I had never seen before:

Very funny material.

9. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

They've been available since the DVDs from way back in 2002.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  10. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

And once again, no one answered my question: Is this trailer available on the newest Blu-Ray?

Sorry to repeat myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.