Bad Company Live At Red Rocks - Walmart Exclusive CD & DVD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stopbrickwalling, Sep 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kohoutek

kohoutek Forum Resident

Digging the clip. Nice to see Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke performing. This is just a great song.

Carserguev likes this.
  2. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

Howe's a fraud

3. Nah it's not so strange. While I enjoy Bad Company as a meat and potatoes rock band, I always felt that the songwriting was better with Fraiser and always preferred Koss as a guitarist. Mick's a solid player and a strong songwriter as well but, when Rodgers split from Fraiser as a songwriting partner, it just didn't have the same sense of soil IMHO.

4. Eh, doesn't bother me. Dude has to make a living and he did front them for a time. The only reason the original members got back together was to protect the band name with the original line up as I recall.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. are they bad or company they can't be both

reb and driverdrummer like this.
  6. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

yeah.. saw them live in Louisville back in 1974 although I can't find the date on their tour history. Paul Rodgers played electric piano and guitar on some songs.

7. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

What's worth noting is that Mick actually had the stroke last October, following their UK/Ireland tour. He had just taken the summer off from touring at this point when Rich filled in.

stopbrickwalling likes this.
  8. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Who's Bad?!

9. And, are they Nationwide?

JorgeGvb and driverdrummer like this.
  10. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

And are they on your side?

driverdrummer likes this.
  11. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

If you order online it says it comes with an autographed booklet...while supplies last.

clhboa likes this.
  12. stopbrickwalling

stopbrickwalling Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just looked at the website and it says "pre-order" and receive an autographed booklet.
    I guess we are past the pre-order stage since it's already in stores.

Dang...I wish I knew if it was now a "while supplies last" thing or what at this point.

13. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

Just picked mine up.
    The Walmart website said there were none in stock at my store but I went anyway.
    They had 5 on the shelves....

stopbrickwalling likes this.
  14. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

There's a super Walmart not too far from where I work. If I have enough energy tomorrow night after work I will go up there and see if they have it. Thanks again to the OP for this thread. I would never have even heard of this release otherwise.

stopbrickwalling and MYQ1 like this.
  15. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

I imagine Joe Walsh played that night as well.
    Hopefully his set was documented for a future release.

Beautiful Loser and slipkid like this.
  16. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Walmart has the best mozzarella sticks. Can't eat them anymore for health reasons but it really isn't even debatable.

17. Samadams757

Samadams757 Forum Resident

MYQ1 and slipkid like this.
  18. snipe

snipe Forum Resident

Thanks OP for the thread. I picked up a copy tonight.

19. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I actually am able to see via their website that that Superwalmart DOES have this (after much futzing around trying different zipcodes to get that one to come up first in the list). I tried numerous times to order it for pickup there at the store but it will not let me do anything other than put it in the cart with $5.99 shipping. Something about their website is not compatible with my browsers I guess (or is just screwed up period). Their page also takes forever and keeps giving me "unresponsive script" errors. Sigh. I hope I have enough strength to go down there after work tomorrow. Otherwise I don't know when I'll have the time to get over there. According to their website my local walmart still does not have it.

20. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

Actually though Bad Company was bigger in the US, I believe Free were the bigger success in the UK - certainly as far as singles were concerned anyway.

Bad Company - 6 US Top 20 hits vs 2 UK Top 20 hits
    Free - 4 UK Top 20 hits (plus a fifth posthumous Top 20 hit in 1991) vs 1 US Top 20 hit (and only one other US singles chart entry at #49)

If they wanted to, they - Rodgers & Kirke (even using the exact same band members/sidemen that they have now - though obviously not the same setlist) could tour as Free in the UK and as Bad Company in the US for maximum fan response/demand/ticket sales in each country.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Matthew Tate and slipkid like this.
  21. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Not strange at all.

I don't dislike BC, but classic rock radio burned me out on all their big hits by the time I was 18, and Mick Ralphs isn't really a compelling enough guitarist for me to really care about deep cuts.

Free was great though...I wasn't too familiar with them outside a couple big songs until a year or two ago. I've really enjoyed combing through their back catalog over the last 18 months.

FourWalledWorld and wayneklein like this.
  22. snipe

snipe Forum Resident

For what it's worth:
    CD: 71:51
    DVD: 73:31
    The DVD has both AC3 (surround) and LPCM (stereo).

I haven't had a chance to listen / watch yet, but it appears from comparing track times that the video has a longer outro.

Matthew Tate and slipkid like this.
  23. Is the speed of PAL vs NTSC an issue? PAL tends to run a bit faster which results in helium effect (I.e., sounds a bit like they sucked helium)

24. snipe

snipe Forum Resident

I don't think that's the case here. The DVD has a 1:04 15th track that is nothing but run out audience noise.

25. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Yep, it was changed to Fridays back in July 2015. :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.