#BadMoviesILove

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Speedmaster, Jun 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Oh, I forgot this one. It also has a dwarf, stormtroopers on motorcycles and a limo that can cut your head off.

[​IMG]

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

chock full of goodies! oh yea. ; )

MikaelaArsenault and Pinknik like this.
  3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Off the top of my head...

The Room.
    Showgirls.

The DVD / Blu-Ray of Showgirls features a very funny and interesting commentary track by a fan of the movie.

The room never fails to crack me up.

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

No bad movies, just movies you didn't like. Somewhere out is someone who thinks The Creeping Terror influenced Scorsese. Maybe it did.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

6. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Horror films are ripe for a thread like this and they don't come any more rotten than this gem. I actually saw this in the theater when I was around 5 or 6 and got so scared after the first 1o minutes that my brother had to take me home. Good times.

Frankenstein's Daughter

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Only reason anyone ever watched Sidaris movies? BOOBS!

8. EndOfTheRainbow

EndOfTheRainbow I Want To See the Bright Lights Tonight

Glen or Glenda
    Just could not believe it when I saw it, in a theater

9. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

[​IMG]
    Island Of Death
    Another one where I'd like to be in the room when the idea was pitched

A psychotic couple visit a Greek Island and chaos ensues. Includes a crucifixion, pouring paint down a man's throat, golden showers, decapitation by bulldozer, goat f******. The guy gets raped by the face on the poster. The ending, is as disgusting as it is predictable -- I don't know how to do "spoiler alert" so stop reading if you want to watch this gem.

The couple are brother and sister. The brother dies in a lye pit while the sister has sex with the guy on the poster. Beautiful Greek scenery, though.

MikaelaArsenault, Manapua and Pinknik like this.
  10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie:

It's not funny. It's not clever. It's not creative. It doesn't have any kind of moral that makes sense. And there are quite a few really gross scenes in it. I wouldn't recommend that kids or adults watch it.

MikaelaArsenault and boggs like this.
  11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

How about "Heartbeeps" with Andy Kaufman?

It's just a really strange concept for a movie and most of the humor falls flat.

MikaelaArsenault, jbmcb and Pinknik like this.
  12. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

But you love it?

13. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I like Heartbeeps. :D Possibly because I caught it at the right time when I was a kid, in the heyday of the new marvel “cable”.

MikaelaArsenault and jbmcb like this.
  14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Okay, my brain kind of lost track of the "love" part of this topic and I was jus thinking about bad movies in general. Oops... :)

15. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I thought that might be the case. You seemed pretty down on the movie for a guy that loved it. :D I never did see The Garbage Pail movie, though I've seen bits and pieces of it. I'll take your advice and avoid.

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It's a genuinely awful movie:

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie [Blu-ray] (1987)

17. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

On that note Unholy Rollers (edited by Scorsese) fits this thread. 70s hottie Claudia Jennings plays a roller derby star who lets the small amount of fame turn her into a terrible person.

[​IMG]

yesstiles likes this.
  18. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

One time I was incredibly ill with the flu to the point where just staying awake was a challenge because of how tired I felt. As I drifted in and out of consciousness I saw a TV commercial for this film on TV and I honestly thought for a few years it was a fever dream. That was the only commercial I ever saw for it, so I was confused for years.

19. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

20. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

yes, I do enjoy this bad movie

[​IMG]

21. It’s too bad director Roger Watkins was never able to get a proper film career off the ground - even with all its problems (which he outlines at length in the DVD commentary) I think Last House shows some real talent at work, and it would’ve been interesting to see what he could’ve done with a proper budget.

22. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

There are films that are purposely cheesy: Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Species II, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

There are films that are hilarious in their ineptitude: Birdemic, The Room, Silent Night Deadly Night 2, Troll 2, Scream for Help

Then there are films that constantly get a bad rating but I genuinely think are good movies: Look Who's Talking Now, I Know Who Killed Me, Marmaduke (2010), Feardotcom, Stop or My Mom Will Shoot

[​IMG]
    This film (with a John Paul Jones score) is sort of an undiscovered so-bad-it-is-good laughfest. Basically a low rent version of The Stepfather, but with weird gritty Michael Winner elements that make it neither for teens or adults. Characters say they have the rest of their lives in front of them just before getting run over by a car. A naive teen Nancy Drew-type (badly) acts like a 10 year old but in a WTF moment pursues losing her virginity to the horny boyfriend of her friend who just died. Then you have the ketchup bottle fondling shot. You simply have to see it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    MikaelaArsenault and Speedmaster like this.
  23. As I’ve said before, I’m not sure if it’s truly one of the worst films ever made, or a Dadaist masterpiece.

24. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

I agree. Glen or Glenda is Ed Wood's best case for possibly being brilliant, although he was no doubt aided by William Thompson's camerawork.

25. EndOfTheRainbow

EndOfTheRainbow I Want To See the Bright Lights Tonight

It is just so WEIRD, buffalo, traffic, Bela trying to act scary when he is nothing of the sort..... just a mind blower
    I don't think it is anywhere close to "brilliant", just comes across as inept, but at MINIMUM, he was thinking WAY outside of the box for those times.....not having much of a budget probably didn't help much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.