Banana plugs into the back of a Cambridge A60?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by JR48, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR48

JR48 New Member Thread Starter

I'm setting up my turntable into my audio system after many years in storage. The Rega Planar 2 & the Cambridge A 60 amplifier both checked out good. A question, are there banana clips available that fit the speaker posts of the A60 or do you have to wind the wire around the posts something I find almost impossible with my large hands. Thanks from a new member.

Randoms likes this.
  2. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I have banana plugs in mine. They do take a little extra attention to make sure the plugs are pushed in far enough that they stay put, but they do fit.

3. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

You may have to pry out the plastic plugs on the speaker connections first. My understanding is that they are put there to keep people from plugging in their power cables there. Apparently they are the same size as the prongs on an English plug.

Big Blue likes this.
  4. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Yes, there are plastic plugs, which come out pretty easily with a fingernail.

5. Randoms

Randoms Aerie Faerie Nonsense

Firstly welcome to the forum and have a like to get you on your way!

The Rega and A60 is a classic combination and the A60 has 4mm binding posts. You can use the binding posts, but if you, or, a friend can solder, get hold of some RS 4mm (banana) plugs and solder them. 4MM PLUG/7MM CABLE RED | RS Components As you can see these are not expensive, and you can get red and black. If you cannot solder, similarly designed, though screw on types are available. https://www.amazon.co.uk/MOERISICAL...nana+plug+4mm&qid=1561228798&s=gateway&sr=8-8

You do not want the BFA type.

Back in the day I soldered many, many hundred, of the RS type!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.