Barnes and Noble Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fruff76, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

The Electric Warrior reissue is amazing. I too bought it from B&N.

patient_ot and Synthfreek like this.
  2. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

I never said New releases are different at Barnes and Noble. Nice try.

3. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

Everyone knows the new releases are the same at Barnes and Noble as they are on Amazon or any other big box store. Relax.

4. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

With you 100%. A membership, a little homework, and their frequent discount coupons, make for a lot great deals. There are situations, where some other retailers will beat them, and I go with those options at those times. Also helps that I am not a , "gotta have it on day of issue" guy.

lightbulb and Gaslight like this.
  5. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Context. Started around here....

And then your reply.....

So that's no longer your belief anymore?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  6. You don't seem to. Or you're just trolling and being difficult. I'm guessing the later.

dkswaff likes this.
  7. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I also bought The Nightfly by Donald Fagen this past Summer at B&N. It's the recent Chris Bellman cut and sounds utterly fantastic. I can't say definitively if my original RL sounds better than the Bellman, or vice versa.........just a different presentation, and well worth the $20 I paid with a coupon. :righton: Does it seem like ole Daven23 is backtracking a bit? :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  8. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

The only record I’ve bought from b and n was the clear vinyl Bowie “Blackstar.” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked in that store with a 25% off coupon, only to walk out empty handed. Bo-ring selection.

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

I got my Kiefer Sutherland's Down in a Hole LP recently and it's a United Record Pressing, which has the "peel" look and blemishes on the record with some surface noise in-between tracks. :shake:

Oddly enough, it's not off-centered and is actually flat for once. It's also mastered by Ron McMaster, which sounds really good.

10. alanbeat

alanbeat A music loving Chap. PipPip!

Did you see Paul McCartney LP Egypt Station on RED vinyl in Barnes and Noble ? If so can you send it to me here in England as a Christmas
    present?

Tjazz likes this.
  11. AnalogueAndy

AnalogueAndy Forum Resident

As long as they keep issuing exclusive picture disc versions of ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’, I’m buying!

lightbulb likes this.
  12. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

Don't have a membership - I am personally against paying money to save money....in part because I worked for B&N for 10 years and remember when they gave discounts automatically and didn't push that program so much.

But agree that they can be a good resource. They ended up being the only place I could find a reasonably priced new pressing of Ben Folds Five's Whatever and Ever Amen. When I went to pick that one up in person, I was surprised at how many nice new pressings of other things they had.

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think this was one of their few blunders when it came to "exclusives". probably why they're clearing copies out at insound.com too.

nosliw likes this.
  14. RingoStarr39

RingoStarr39 Forum Resident

Last year I found the mono Sgt. Pepper before they all disappeared. But that was about all that was worth it.

15. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

The only album I bought from B & N was their exclusive Coltrane/Davis red vinyl live in Copenhagen 1960 and the quality was superb

16. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

Why do you like to buy records from Barnes and Noble?

17. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Actually I was. Early on in this back and forth.
    More context below, my own post replying to you I might add:

So actually no, I didn't get what you meant. Several us didn't get what you meant. I think that's on you, not us.

Next you'll do a reverse on B&N's prices too. Or did that already happen?

18. sdldawn

sdldawn Forum Resident

You don’t even have the slightest clue of what you’re talking about

I333I likes this.
  19. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Comon now. You know what he meant.

(now you just need to explain it to me)

20. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Hey,hey,children...stopped into a B&N in a Pittsburgh burb tonight and it was Deadsville,Daddy-O. B&N is either giving up on vinyl or sold a ton of it and need a restock in the store I was in today. Pittsburgh shopping tip....go when the Steelers have a home game.:shh:

I whined and complained half the way home about not finding a d*** thing today....vinyl or CD....new or used. B&N :thumbsdow, Half-Price Books :thumbsdow, The Exchange:thumbsdow, and guitars at Guitar Center :thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow. Carry on :magoo:

21. For what it's worth, this is the utterly clueless post everyone has been responding to. You can spin it any way you like but what you state is patently false. The new release albums that B&N sell are the same you can buy anywhere. Some are sourced from 24/96 digital files, some are AAA, etc., same as Amazon, same as your local independent record store.

misteranderson, tkl7, Jimijam and 6 others like this.
  22. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Precisely. Same old "only old LPs are worth getting" argument cluelessly dressed up as a criticism of Barnes and Noble, as if B&N has anything to do with how LPs are made.

23. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I can envision some fat suit, with a cigar sitting behind his desk with a Barnes And Noble logo on his wall yelling on the phone......."I told you that I only want digitally sourced vinyl that sounds like a cd! Now get that analog crap out of the store before I fire your ass!" :biglaugh:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  24. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Yeah, those of us who want our LP collections to be as AAA original analogue era pressings as possible are "clueless." Lols.

25. This is 98% true. The 2% that isnt....The B&N exclusive titles are usually colored vinyl and only available at B&N (I'm not including resellers on the web). Otherwise you are spot on.

Brett44 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.