Barnes & Noble in-store Bl. Fri. music deals?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Black Elk, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voxstarstream

voxstarstream Forum Resident

I will be quick to point out that a lot of the more popular titles (i.e. "Dark Side Of The Moon", "Aladdin Sane" and most "best-of" compilations) are NOT included in the sale. Apparently it's just the slower moving titles.

dee likes this.
  2. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

There was a scattering of newly stocked vinyl at my BN yesterday. Picked up Love and Theft by Bob for $14.

dee, 1ifbyrain2ifbytrain and jason202 like this.
  3. davers

davers Forum Resident

It was mentioned earlier that the focus is on titles that haven't moved for the past year.

hutlock likes this.
  4. dee

dee Senior Member

They're almost giving away the 2LP remaster of Peter Gabriel's US. I think it was on sale in the $12 range. Was very tempted. Would have nabbed any 1 of the 'newer' 4 or 5 Van Morrison related 2LP titles on sale also, but fwiw I don't think I would have the time to listen to them very often. The Lucky Town and Human Touch albums were ordered and paid for in-store and shipped from the warehouse to my address and arrived in a timely manner.

Another couple more Bowie and Rush titles and a few more assorted titles and I should be all set with what's left, unless more titles go on sale.

5. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Picked up:

The Terminator (2LP OST): $18
    Lawrence of Arabia (OST): $11.50

6. Zensound

Zensound Forum Resident

I picked up that Gabriel US title; it's excellent and highly recommended; think it was about $13 for the 331/3 version.
    Meanwhile, I continue to get cancelled a warehouse order for the Golden Smog order I had. Took Jspmike's advise and had the store manifest one from OKC and "cross-fingers" should have it in a couple days.

dee and Jspmike like this.
  7. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Brilliant news! Hopefully you won't have any more problems!

8. dee

dee Senior Member

Tempting still!
    As is the Elvis 2LP set Way Down In The Jungle Room for $14.

hutlock likes this.
  9. All the Elvis titles at my local B&N (including Way Down In The Junbgle Room) are at the full price :( But hey, I can get Ringo's Bad Boy LP for half off, so $16... wait, that's still $15.99 too much.

mrjinks and Crazysteve like this.
  10. dee

dee Senior Member

Geez that store needs to get with it!
    Ugh!

11. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Popped into a nearby B&N and it's clear that if there is a master list, not every shop follows it. Titles at my usual that had the 50% off sticker weren't included in the sale at this location and when I asked the manager about the price discrepancy he said he had no clue and that all stores should have the same titles with the same sale prices. And yet they don't... lol

Shawn likes this.
  12. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Weird that we all know that the lists are per store based on stock and shelf time, and the manager had no idea.

mrjinks and The Elephant Man like this.
  13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Went back again the other day (couldn't resist)

Bruce Springsteen "Tunnel Of Love"
    Joni Mitchell "Hejira"
    Neko Case "Hell-On"
    Keith Richards "Crosseyed Heart"

jlf, dee and Tjazz like this.
  14. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Went on a bit of an adventure in Northern Virginia last night and it seems the further away from the city, the better the selection. Hit three locations and came back with:
    Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think...
    Margo Price - Midwest Farmer’s Daughter
    Beach House - B-Side and Rarities
    Chris Isaak - Forever Blue
    Love - S/T
    Big Star - The Best of
    The Jam - Sound Affects
    The Jam - All Mod Cons
    The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man (Friday Music - Assuming I should take this one back?)

And, thanks to the additional tip from the group, I was able to get Love and Theft at the discount mailed to me for free as my wife is a BN member. (She’s probably also going to kill me for indulging so much while she was out of town for work...)

15. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Which nova locations?

16. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Manassas and Fair Lakes. Manassas had the more extensive selection but Fair Lakes was pretty good.
    I also stopped in the other Fairfax location but they had a grand total of four 50% off titles, including Neil Young - Decade but cover had a pretty big crease.

17. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

I was in Clarendon the other day and they had albums that were beat up without shrink wrap — with sale stickers slapped on (and there were a couple without stickers being sold at full price!). Reselling returns is really frustrating. I’ll have to stop by the other locations to see if there’s anything left! ;)

18. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Yeah I’ve been debating going to Clarendon but figured it was likely pretty picked over by this point.

19. dee

dee Senior Member

If I didn't have early issues of those Jam titles already would have bought those also. Going to visit 1 more store to try a few in-store warehouse orders. Facing 'dwindling returns' now at many stores in the area so will try for a few titles that were already sold there on sale and a few other titles I've read about on sale here and see how it goes.
    Sale seems just about over for me lol, thank goodness ;)

Good luck y'all...

ATMP likes this.
  20. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

seems the clearance rush has been cleaned out near me, wanted to get fly by night when i realized i didnt have that re-issue and it was half off. the one store that had it wasnt marked at first, now its gone.
    oh well.

from what it seems the first wave has cleared out a lot of the big titles in my vicinity and the stores all appear to have stock marked now

21. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

According to the store computer where I work the sale is supposed to go down from 50% to 25% from the 8th February. It is not clear yet if this going to be all the titles.

dee and Shawn like this.
  22. Yes, because if they didn't sell at 50% off, they're certain to sell at 25% off.

;)

Bhob, marcb, mrjinks and 10 others like this.
  23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

It would make FAR more sense to add another 25% off than to subtract 25% from the discount.

Jspmike, black sheriff, dee and 2 others like this.
  24. dee

dee Senior Member

Thanks. Good 2 Know. I have maybe 3 to 5 titles I still want, at 50% off. Better get those last requests in soon.

25% off ALL vinyl, now maybe then there might be some more select deals.

Jspmike and hutlock like this.
  25. dee

dee Senior Member

Indeed!

Jspmike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.