Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ShardEnder, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

I thought Geoff Johns was working on pitching a Metal Men movie? Suppose that came to no fruition.

Look, DC's characters are both incredibly easy to write and incredibly hard go get right. They are the archetypes. And there's a careful and fine balancing act that has to be done to get them right. This movie fails spectacularly in that way.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Worse -- they're only releasing the extended cut on discs labeled ULTIMATE EDITION. A lotta fans are already pissed off about this.

3. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Why would that piss off the fans? At least they get the choice of which version they want to buy.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They're pissed off that it's not so obvious which one has the extended cut and which does not. I'm curious as to why they couldn't have created a branching version with a different mix and given everybody one disc that had both versions of the movie. It's possible to do this; it just takes a lot of work.

5. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

So, they don't know how to read the back of the package or check a site such as www.dvdaf.com to find out? Man, some people really have nothing better to do than complain about stuff. :p

5th-beatle, Mazzy and Stormrider77 like this.
  6. HA. Well that does make up about half of these pages..... :tiphat:

David Campbell and Rocker like this.
  7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Agreed. Jesus, I research every item, before I purchase it, and all I use is www.Blu-ray.com ! If they're that damn stupid, and brain-dead, an extended version won't make a difference. They'll be appeased with the shiny bright colors, and explosions, no matter the length. :laugh:

Rocker likes this.
  8. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Bought the 3-BD set today and watched the extended cut. Liked it a lot!

mark renard and David Campbell like this.
  9. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Here are the first trailers for Wonder Woman and Justice League. I really liked both.

10. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

11. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I think the main issue is if you buy the UHD version, the extended cut is only on the UHD disc, and the included BD disc just has the theatrical version.

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm seeing a discrepancy on that, that both discs have the extended cut.

[​IMG]

"Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + Theatrical DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)"

It's fair to say it's confusing to consumers who don't know what they're buying, and the labeling is a bit ambiguous.

budwhite likes this.
  13. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

14. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

The cover gives the impression that they're fighting over Wonder Woman.

Rhett and Vidiot like this.
  15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

See? There's so many different versions, who would know?

I ain't gonna buy the 4K version until it's HDR and Rec2020.

jhm and The Hud like this.
  16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

wonder woman is on screen in this movie for about 5 total minutes, she is on the cover to promote the upcioming wonder woman movie, there is no other reason for it.

and the "ultimate edition" has the "f" word in it and CGI blood, while the r-rated version does not....i have no idea what the "regular" version has or does not have.

17. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I get the Blu-ray and watched it last night. I've been a Batman fan since I was 5. When I first heard Affleck was Batman, I thought "uh oh". After seeing it, he was fine, probably the best part of the movie. The story was just not very good. Eisenberg was just annoying. The CGI looked cartoonish to me. Mark me down as dissapointed.

DiabloG, Vidiot and lbangs like this.
  18. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Who wouldn't? :love:

mark renard, Encuentro and GodShifter like this.
  19. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Silly Batman with his ridiculous mask and unfortunate cape. He's already behind the curve. :/

Encuentro likes this.
  20. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

I watched the UE over the weekend. I didn't see the theatrical version. It was better than I was expecting it to be. I can't see how you'd cut 30 minutes out of the version I watched without it becoming choppy and hard to follow.

21. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I have seen both and can confirm your assessment. :) That being said, I bet you could easily cut 15 minutes or so from the Ultimate Edition without doing much damage.

Simon A likes this.
  22. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Watched the UE this weekend. I had seen BvS in the theater, but my wife had not seen it yet. We watched the UE so that I could get something new out of it.

Bottom line: My opinion of this soulless, plodding bore did not improve with the added footage. Some of the footage did help flesh out motivations a bit, but beyond that it didn't improve anything enough for me to alter my grade - I give it a solid D.

My wife - who likes most of the superhero movies she's seen - made me stop the movie about halfway through so we could take a break. She DETESTED Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor (so did I), and said the movie was just dismal thus far. We completed it later that day, and her opinion didn't change.

For those of you who enjoyed it, more power to you. I think it's a craptacular movie in either format, and is just so full of so many wasted opportunities that it makes me sad they got it so wrong.

I've seen the Justice League trailer, and I have to say I'm optimistic that maybe they've learned something from MoS and BvS, and will finally be injecting some life into the characters. One can hope!

DiabloG and Vidiot like this.
  23. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

At least the Justice League movie doesn't look all that horrible... yet.

jriems likes this.
  24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Still think this is a good movie. Guys running around in capes and masks shouldn't be under the kind of scrutiny this movie is.

For me, this is one of the best super hero movies I've seen. Ben Affleck's Batman has a ton to do with that. Sue me.

25. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Affleck is the best Bruce Wayne/Batman yet. Although, Henry Cavill's Superman isn't a patch on Christopher Reeve's version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.