DCC Archive BB King

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ED in NY, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ED in NY

ED in NY New Member Thread Starter

In our continuing search to find the best sounding music out there, I'm curious as to what version of Live At The Regal is the best sounding. I have the current remaster which I found to be a big improvement over the older MCA version but have not heard the MOFI. The MOFI came out in 1991 and the current remaster came out in 1997, but as we all know around here, newer is not always better (Blue Train was a diehard proven example to me). Thanks all - as always, looking forward to your opinions. -ED :)

2. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

ED in NYC-

I hope someone helps out and responds to your message, and I am sorry that I can not be of much help. I have an old version of Live at the Regal, and when I am in the mood for live B.B., I tend to turn to his "How Blue Can You Get" 2 CD collection, which excerpts Regal, Cook County Jail, and his other live albums. The sound is great, but I have never sought to do specific A'B'ing. The emotion/feeling comes through loud and clear, though....

CM Wolff

3. ED in NY

Thanks CM. This has always been a fovorite recording, and I'd love to know how the MOFI holds up to the current remaster. The current remaster is a much improvement over the older 80's CD, however, I found it a little bit too bright. So I'd be curious to know if the MOFI is a bit warmer while retaining a crtain amount of clarity. BTW, I loved what MOFI did for "Lucille". That CD sounds great. Happy Listening all ! -ED :)

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I really liked the MFSL. Actually, I got it as a 'gift', and I didn't have that disc on my "most wanted list", but I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought. Hey, if you fin it inexpensively, go for it. Really nice recording.

5. ED in NY

Hi Sckott, I just bought a sealed copy on half.com for $16 so after I get it and A/B them, I'll post a simple comparitive review of any differences I can pick up. Glad to hear you liked it. Happy Listening ! -ED :)

6. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Scott, do you think you could up with a .sig that doesn't eat up 72 pixels of the y axis? I think we all know what a tube looks like, and it seems like half the screen is covered with that thing. Just a suggestion. [​IMG]

7. Chris Wheeler

Chris Wheeler Forum Resident

Is there a difference between the Ultradisc and Ultradisc II versions of the MFSL "Live at the Regal" ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.