Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Bear’s Sonic Journals: Tim Buckley, Merry-Go-Round at the Carousel, June 15-16, 1968

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pbuzby, Apr 14, 2021.

1. gazatthebop

gazatthebop Forum Resident

amazon uk had 10 copies...now sold

mameyama likes this.
  2. bobbydriver

bobbydriver Forum Resident

I must have downloaded them from someone/somewhere at the time the CD came out - it wasn't 100% clear why GRR was omitted (along with a version of It Happens Every Time). It wasn't space reasons as the CD was only 55 minutes
    May have been tape damage, as there are some audible glitches, but still I would have kept them in for posterity and simply added a disclaimer

I'll dig them out and PM you a link

mameyama likes this.
  3. mameyama

mameyama Forum Resident

Thank you. It would be great to hear the missing tracks.

4. gazatthebop

mameyama likes this.
  5. bobbydriver

My copy from Amazon UK just arrived - seems to have been posted from Switzerland for some reason!

Fantastic liner notes, listening to it now and it sounds as wonderful as they say

mameyama likes this.
  6. mameyama

mameyama Forum Resident

Were there any surprise additional costs for a CD arriving from Switzerland?

7. gazatthebop

you bought from amazon seller "uniqueplace-uk." ? Despite the "uk" they are Swiss based. You could have been charged import duty

Another amazon seller with the cd are "dodax uk" and also Swiss based

8. bobbydriver

Yes that was the seller - no customs costs, but i may have just got lucky. I'd have been annoyed if i'd been stung for import duty