Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

The mono mix was released on vinyl in many countries.

3. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

I did the same thing...talked myself out of the box and bought...

PPM
    With
    White
    Sgt. P's
    MMT

Then, some months later I was in an Exchange with a few boxes of vinyl I was parting with and they offered me half off a mono box which I took because their price on it at the time was $300 or a tad more. Anyway,seemed like a good deal. I still haven't opened it and still tempted to buy single copies of RS & Revolver when I see them. They seem to be getting harder to find as of late.

4. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I have the complete set plus an extra sealed Pepper but I think it’s time to get a box. Probably wait for the next 20% off sale from one of the big three. Anyone know of a better deal on a box?

5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It says out of stock and rare. They will try to get it for you. Good luck with that

Pretty.Odd. and Alex Zabotkin like this.
  6. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

We might be being a touch hasty here. Post Christmas, I’ve seen it before when records appear to have gone out of print...only for them to start appearing again by about Feb/March time. It could be that stock gets depleted at that time of year.

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

This, of course, assumes there is stock to replenish retail inventory and/or there will be a repressing.

richbdd01 and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  8. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Was it free? <ducking>

9. uzn007

Fanks.

Where does it say they're getting more? All I see is

"Out of stock rare item. We will try to get it for you."

10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I always gotta wonder about those notices - Amazon also does it, showing something as "Temporarily out of stock." If it seems like that particular item is going OOP, I always figure that it's gone and not coming back. But if it's really "coming soon" to that many individual Bull Moose stores, it would have to be a repress. On the other hand, why would they repress the mono LP when they just re-released it as part of a larger, more expensive box that they'd really like you to buy instead?

We'll not know for sure anytime soon, but I think those mono LP's are OOP and not likely coming back.

Pretty.Odd. likes this.
  11. dkmonroe

In the "Find in Store" section it optimistically says "More coming soon" at all the store locations.

12. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

No :tsk:

13. uzn007

Thanks. I just noticed that, although I don't know how much stock (ha ha get it?) I place in that assurance.

dkmonroe likes this.
  14. dkmonroe

:laugh:

15. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident

Not necessarily. Steve Hoffman has asked members that are giving opinions on sound quality to fill out their profiles. Some people are listening through boom boxes and iPods . Thanks.

16. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I look at the situation this way. If it is OOP, it won’t be long until it’s going for $100 -$200 for just that title. For about $268 (on sale, free shipping) you get your Pepper in a fab box with over a dozen bonus albums! No brainer!

17. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Was in Barnes and Noble last night in NYC and was looking at Beatles vinyl and they had tons and tons of albums, but only ONE copy of one mono album (Revolver) and I had to pick it up. $22. Happy to know I have a back up now as Revolver in mono is the definitive version of that album for me.

Blue Cactus likes this.
  18. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

The "more should arrive soon" is just an automated message. It's not a real indication that more are on the way. Of course, if more become available to Bull Moose, I'm sure they would obtain them. But don't hold your breath...

19. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

I noticed at Acoustic Sounds last night that all the Mono LPs are in stock except Pepper. They have box sets also. Noticed the Stereo Pepper is not in stock also. Only the remix is in stock.

20. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I ordered two boxes at the time, just to make sure I would end up with at least one good box on release day. Happily, both boxes arrived in fine condition and I'm glad I have held on to both. I get to play one and enjoy it, while the other is set aside for a rainy day. :D

These boxes are so good that I might even consider selling my 60s Parlophones someday.

Ricardo Cosinaro and Jim B. like this.
  21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Went to my local RS, sold out apparently.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  22. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Lol.:kilroy:

23. lemonade kid

I'll check next time I'm in and let you all know the facts. They are pretty good at fairly accurate indicators. it's either "In Stock", "Out Of Stock-More Coming Soon", or "No Longer Available" is one I often see....on this subject (Sgt Pppers releases) there are many such "Out of Print" notices.

24. lemonade kid

I'll check for sure on the status when I'm in town. Below in "locations' it says "More Coming Soon"...we'll see. I'm not optimistic either.

25. dbsea

dbsea Forum Resident

I bought it from music direct a couple of months ago and it is still listed as in stock. A bonus is the fact that music direct takes a lot of extra care when packaging lps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.