Beatles Mono vs Stereo (thread number 812)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scott6, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

More and more people are finding that they can do everything they used to do on a laptop on their tablets & smartphones. Loads of people don't own PCs now and when their laptops die of old age they don't bother replacing them.

2. For digital, the Apple USB stick has a better presentation and SQ for me in my system with my ears, home or vehicle.

Vinyl first of course.

oboogie likes this.
  3. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

This. So I have the whole '87 set and the '09 mono box set. Currently getting the first four '09 in stereo, just to be complete. I did buy the
    US Hard Day's Night and Help on CD, to make sure I had the instrumentals. Those come with both the '09 mono and stereo tracks on them.
    Had to get Help on the US, if for no other reason than that James Bond beginning to the song Help. Grew up with the Red Album vinyl, and
    that's how Help started. Always missed hearing that before Help!

Thought about getting the Capitol box set, at least Vol. 1, just not sure if it's really necessary..... not that any of this is actually necessary, but....

Michael P likes this.
  4. Michael P

Michael P Forum Resident

The only reason to get the Capitol box set is to get the "Dexterized" remastering (added reverb and EQ plus "Duophonic" fake stereo on most of the singles) and US running order.

I thought about making my own US running order using the '09 remasters for a much cleaner sound (and no fake stereo).

5. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Also some unique mixes. And the stereo AHDN material is arguably better than on the 2009 AHDN.

6. Michael P

Michael P Forum Resident

Really? I'm going to have to take a closer listen.

7. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Yes. The 2009 is narrowed and arguably doesn’t have the best EQ. The tracks on the first Capitol box aren’t perfect, but are arguably better.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

STEREO-ALL OF THEM...

9. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Clearly an unbiased opinion :winkgrin:

10. Michael

INDEED! ; )

11. Michael

only if you want/need the proper US Mixes...Vol 1 & 2 for me are essential.

Michael P likes this.
  12. Famous groupie

Famous groupie Well-Known Member

Good for you. Unfortunately my vehicle and home stereo USB inputs only play mp3s.

13. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

So, since my last post, I picked up Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 (just got Vol. 2 in today). Both are near mint and picked them up for less than $20 each, BUT, I
    did get the incorrect Vol. 2. Not that there is really anything I can do about it and for the price and condition, I'm still happy. Listening to Vol. 1,
    I was most intrigued by the stereo versions anyway, so if something had to be wrong, I'm glad it's the monos and not the stereos. But I would rather
    have the correct versions.

Guessing at this point, I wouldn't have a shot of them sending me out the corrected versions, since I'm not the original buyer, have no receipt, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.