Beginning to sell on eBay, first time ever. What to expect?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by nosticker, Oct 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC Rag

MC Rag Forum Resident

I'm in the UK. I've probably sold in the region of 1000 items on Ebay over the past 15 years to countries all over the world ranging from items worth a few pounds up to £1000. I've only had 1 or 2 instances where a buyer has claimed he didn't receive the items and for those I did have to refund in full - things do go missing in the post. Probably 80% of what I have sold is CDs.

In these coronavirus times I am being more cautious with the world's postage services and will only sell items valued over £30 by tracked postage - for a CD from the UK to most countries in the world tracked/insured postage is around £10 and I am still getting plenty of sales.

I have no problem buying from the US using the Ebay Global Shipping Service as for items over £15 value you get to prepay import duty and not get charged the UKs ridiculous additional handling charges!

If you're selling higher value items overseas be prepared for people asking you to declare lower values on the customs form so they can avoid import duties, some people do it some people don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.