Best comedy writing on Late Night with David Letterman

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MRamble, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Regis bits were always great. I always thought the bit had run its course and gotten too real and bitter towards the end.

Timeless Classics likes this.
  2. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

Don Giller posted a new compilation. This kind of stuff is why I started watching the show in the first place.

3. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

Some of the funniest things I've seen on television in my life were on the David Letterman show. The Guy Under the Seats, The Fugitive Guy, calling a pay phone on the street, the cynical "Christmas Specials" with Dave's fake family, the viewer mail, working at a fast food drive-through, Letterman's fake feud with baseball player Terry Forster (who called him "Johnny Carson's janitor"), and so many others.

And so much improvised humor, like when he got stuck at the top of a rope during a mountain climbing demo, or when the phone wouldn't work when he tried to buy human hair.

I could go on and on. I came home from school every day and watched last night's show on videotape, then when the show expanded to Friday nights I finally got to stay up and watch it "live".

Dan C and JediJones like this.
  4. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

5. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

From the timeframe in which KSTW briefly re-became the Seattle area's CBS affiliate. Seemed odd then; seems odd now. Screenshot_20210515-232734~2.png

footprintsinthesand likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.