Best New Albums of 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockOnSon, Jan 1, 2020.

1. haywood

haywood Forum Resident

Stray by Bambara is out now, riyl a more punk & southwestern Cubist Blues. There’s a few videos now but I think this is the latest.

JL6161, Beamish13, Hush and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Enjoying tracks on The Big Exercise by the Homesick

Andrewb and mcwlod like this.
  3. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

The first big new album for me came out on Friday, Stray by Bambara. Loving it so far.

Droogmeister and haywood like this.
  4. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Tame Impala's The Slow Rush is excellent. Less obvious hit songs than Currents, but motivates repeat listens. Not as hip hop as was being hinted. Still fits in with the signature sound step by step evolutions from album to album. Not a complete departure.

5. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

Been working my way through this since the weekend. Great guitarist, great songwriter.

Ivand likes this.
  6. I've heard new albums from Fay Claassen, Miss Tess and A Girl Called Eddy. I love them all.

7. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

I bought the new Tame Impala on Friday, and I have to say, I'm very underwhelmed. Found it rather boring. Just seems like he's going through the motions. I much prefer his earlier stuff.

Thom Lieb, Nitrous and BrainOfJHA like this.
  8. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

"Dream On" by Alice Boman. Just saw her live and now the album is even better! :righton:

9. haywood

haywood Forum Resident

I didn’t want to say anything but...

I guess a more charitable way to look at it is any album you like is a gift and even if TI never does anything I like again I still have two albums that I really like and am thankful for that gift.

10. Whooptee

Whooptee Well-Known Member

Great find! Really nice. I haven't found much to connect with thus far from 2020. Still catching up on 2019 tbh.

I did run across this,

I'm not sure if there's an album coming, but this song has a pretty nice vibe.

11. Dingly Del Boy

Dingly Del Boy Forum Resident

12. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

I've already posted this album but now they've put a couple of tracks up on YouTube.

Shopping - All Or Nothing:

Kristeva, Mintsauce and mschrist like this.
  13. Usky

Usky Forum Resident

You're 2/2 Ironclaw!

The Mapache debut from 2017 has easily become my most listened to record of 2020. I listened to it digitally at first, and before long I had ordered it up. When the record arrived back on Feb. 10th, I was pleasantly surprised to see that 3 additional songs were included as a 45 rpm 7 inch (LONESOME LA COWBOY).

The debut has been in constant rotation on my turntable and I've since checked out their KEXP performance as well as a lot of the Grateful Shred videos. Lots of Mapache music to tie me over until the arrival of From Liberty Street.

[​IMG]

notesofachord and Ironclaw like this.
  14. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Again, Alice Bomans "Dream On", her tour just started, she's in the UK next week and in the USA in April so check her out!

Davey likes this.
  15. cgoodwin22

cgoodwin22 Senior Member

Whirr - Feels Like You

Really digging this one....don't have any of their older LP's but this brings me back to the good old days of shoe gaze. Def. has a slowdive vibe.

[​IMG]

16. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

Metamorphic, by Orange Clocks (psychedelic rock, full-length, physical CD available, released February 14, 2020, England, UK)

[​IMG]

Favourite track: Eye Of Psybin

scompton, LarsO and backeast like this.
  17. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

18. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

Thanks, enjoying right now!

Svetonio likes this.
  19. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

I just read there is a new King Krule album- next week! Big anticipation for this, called “Man Alive!”
    Not sure he can top the last one which was my second favorite album of 2017. Also I got a free ticket to see him play in April. Also if pizza has too many toppings it ruins the structure, so let’s keep it to 2 or less.

[​IMG]

20. mcwlod

mcwlod Outside Looking In

I really dig the new album by Ben Watt (ex-Everything But The Girl) "Storm Damage". Pretty, sophisticated songs with great lyrics.

[​IMG]

21. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

22. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

New album by Humanist is out today. Just getting into it now. This track has been out for a wee while.

23. Gagnedouze

Gagnedouze Forum Resident

Aussie Metal-ers, Polaris, release their sophomore effort, The Death of Me, today.

Their debut, The Mortal Coil, had big praise.

24. Mathewrivelle

Mathewrivelle Forum Resident

Buskeat likes this.
  25. Mathewrivelle

Mathewrivelle Forum Resident