Best On-Line Places in Canada to Find Blu-ray 4k?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Punman, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Punman

Punman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes, I've heard of Amazon, but are there specific on-line establishments or bricks-and-mortar that ship, that you have dealt with in Canada that have decent selection/prices? Interested specifically in Ultra HD.

John B Good likes this.
  2. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

According to their website, Bay Street Video in Toronto does mailorder. Full disclosure: I used to shop there all the time when I lived in Toronto, but I've never purchased anything from then through the mail.

3. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I would also like to know if there was place to order disks that actually stocked new or catalog disks. Amazon.ca has so few in stock and much of what is listed there comes from dozens of different 3rd party sources. Often from outside Canada and delivery time can be quite slow.

The Sunrise chain (Brick and Mortar) does carry a pretty good selection of newer disks and has often been worth a visit.

4. Punman

Coincidentally, I stopped in at SUNRISE in Calgary for the first time ever, the other day. They are not in my part of town so don't even know how long they have been there. I was with family and did not have much time to browse, but I noticed the 4k Blu-ray section just had white labels and the real thing was behind the desk I guess.

5. dwm67

dwm67 Forum Resident

I have placed many orders with Unobstructed View. They are the Canadian distributor for Criterion … they also carry other labels such as Arrow and Kino Lorber. There is usually a sale going on for a particular product line.

Unobstructed View: film entertainment distribution company

Wall E 4k and Malcolm X 4k arrived today btw.

John B Good and SMcFarlane like this.
  6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Great company…especially if you’re into horror.

7. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Not sure about Walmart anymore, but I would think Amazon would be the best bet! :shrug:

8. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I popped in today, picked up a few cds and a DVD. Asked if by any chance they had any Criterion?

Yes, and showed me a small shelf with a dozen or so. And I added War of the Worlds to my little purchase.

9. dwm67

dwm67 Forum Resident

London Drugs also carries 4k, blu ray and DVD. They usually have a very small selection of Criterion titles for $39.99 which is cheaper than Sunrise and UV at regular price. High points for a varied selection across different labels/studios and fewer points for their prices (except Criterion).

10. Punman

London Drugs seems to vary by location. The one near me carries only one fifth of what some others carry.

11. dwm67

dwm67 Forum Resident

I have noticed in the locations closest to me that the number of 4k titles on display has decreased dramatically recently.