Best or Preferred Websites for New Vinyl

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Benno123, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident Thread Starter

This may not be the right place to ask (feel free to move to the correct discussion section) but is the preferred or best websites to buy new vinyl from? I have bought some from Amazon but was curious about other sites. This is all new to me, I haven’t bought a record to listen to since I was in elementary school! I was just looking for additional options, thanks!!

2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

For new stuff, it’s all Amazon up here for me.

Benno123 likes this.
  3. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

Discogs.com: this site contains a publicly created database of all things music media. Look up your fave band or musician and start learning from there. From any title screen, you can click on the "Buy Vinyl" button (on the right) and see what's for sale. On Discogs you can buy everything from brand new titles to very expensive classics. Soundstagedirect.com: this site sells only new vinyl; watch for the occasional 20% off sale and save up your purchases for that. Soundstagedirect offers free shipping at $50 and they charge no tax (unless you live in Pennsylvania). Sign up for their newsletter as they often offer specials to newsletter subs only. And on eBay, search for "importcds" -- they offer some of the best prices for new titles, no tax or shipping. I've recently purchased three titles from them: The Kinks - Face To Face, Green Day - American Idiot, and Jimi Hendrix - Live At Woodstock. You can also check out their website: importcds.com. Don't worry about the "cds" in their name, they sell a lot of vinyl. And if you have any money left....

Benno123 likes this.
  4. Benno123

Love the tips, thanks guys!!!

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Acoustic Sounds
    Music Direct
    Bull Moose
    Import CDs

These 4 pack your records with care. My last (literally) vinyl buy from Elusive Disc was in a mailer so flimsy, some scumbag was able to bend the record completely in half ?!?!?! I've spoken by PM to a member here, who has seen the downgrade there, personally.

Amazon had gotten their act together for a while, but now is slapping address labels directly on the album, and sending it out. Up to you, if you want to roll the dice. I don't, and I'm a Prime member.

I figure as an adult, you already know what you're willing to spend, so getting your records to you safely, is the next priority.

By the way, always go for the option of having the album removed from the jacket, if possible. Seam splits are a bitch, and can ruin an otherwise beautiful jacket.

Best of luck ! :tiphat:

Benno123 likes this.
  6. Benno123

Great, thanks Myke!

I feel lucky to have a great antique store that has two booths that sell nothing but EX+ and up records for very cheap, plus a mom and pop store just about 20 minutes from here that sells CDs and now mostly vinyl. Yet with all that I still won’t always find what I am looking for so these websites help - a lot! Thank you!!

7. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I haven't had any problems with Elusive Disc. I buy from them all the time. I haven't seen any change in their service.

Benno123 likes this.
  8. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Also look at SoundStageDirect.

Prices are generally a little higher than others but the packaging is fantastic and their CS is also very good. Also scan this site as I believe there's a 10% coupon for members.

Benno123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.