Best record store in Charlotte, North Carolina?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by hitmanhart408, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Thanks for this. I wasn't aware of this store. Since I live in Concord and south Charlotte is becoming less interesting, I may have to hop on 485 and head toward Mint Hill. I know there's a 2nd and Charles on Independence, and a fairly large Goodwill as well. Might make losing Manifest a little less bothersome.

2. BizBork

BizBork Forum Resident

I know this is strictly Charlotte, but figured no need to make another thread.

Anyway, if anyone is in Durham, I highly recommend checking out, 1. BullCity Records; 2. Carolina Soul; 3. Hunky Dory

All great stores, and all super close to one another. Awesome rotating tap selection at HD as well.

zphage likes this.
  3. MDC

MDC Forum Resident

I also dropped by the same day as you (I was in Charlotte for a bit). I hadn't heard they were closing, and it put a bit of a damper of my day. My impression was much the same; many of their "interesting" items had been cleaned out

PTgraphics likes this.
  4. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

"Damper" is an understatement. I went today out of the clear blue, and it is a ghost town in there. I wound up buying a package of slip covers because there was nothing left. Sad, sad day. The owner told me that they'd lost their lease, which tells me that we will soon be seeing condos in that spot.
    Here's my last pic of the wonderful record store that was Manifest:
    [​IMG]

Rupe33, PTgraphics and Mark B. like this.
  5. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Very sad. In it’s prime, it was a joy to visit.

PTgraphics and Blastproof like this.
  6. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Anyone live near Lunchbox Records? They have something in stock that is "in-store" only. :help::edthumbs:

7. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

North Carolina record stores and record conventions were fantastic in the 80's and 90's,

keef00 likes this.