Best record stores in/near Mesa, AZ

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by crustycurmudgeon, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras Thread Starter

I looked through the thread two years ago about Phoenix stores, got a few ideas there. I thought I'd ask again to get more up to date recommendations. Vinyl/CDs, primarily mid 60's to 80's rock.

2. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras Thread Starter

3. Lamus

Lamus Forum Resident

For vinyl, check out Ghost of Eastside Records in Tempe. I have heard some good things about Record High but I haven’t been there. It’s not far from Eastside.

For CDs, check out Zia records. There is a store right across the street from Eastside but there is also one in Mesa/Chandler.

Grant likes this.
  4. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Twinsfan007, Beatledust and zphage like this.
  5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

A lot of small stores that were around a couple of years ago disappeared. For a while, some were just changing locations. The best selection these days that I am aware of is going to be any one of the Zia's branches in Phoenix and in the east valley. There was a little store just north of downtown Phoenix near 7The Avenue a few years ago but haven't been through there to see if they are still around.

I'm going to check out In The Groove as @Ben Adams suggests. Frankly, I had forgotten all about it. Last time I checked they had short hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.