Best Sounding Hounds of Love CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by auralden, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro Music Man

Retro Music Man Forum Resident

I'm a fan of the 2018 remaster. Sounds great, except "Running Up That Hill" has a strange abrupt volume drop before the final chorus (at around 3:23). Quite distracting. Not sure how that slipped through quality control...

strippies and michaelscrutchin like this.
  2. michaelscrutchin

michaelscrutchin Forum Resident

Yeah, that volume drop is very odd. I've compared it to the 2005 Japan CD (I believe it's the same mastering as the original UK CD), which does not have this slight volume drop at around 3:23. I'm surprised I hadn't seen anyone mention it in the thread about the 2018 remasters. It's not hugely noticeable if you're not paying attention, but once you notice it...

3. Timos

Timos Forum resident

I have the ‘97 remaster and like it fine - but I haven’t heard any others, to be fair. I’m slightly put off by the 2018 because of the aforementioned unexpected volume drop, but would like to investigate another pressing to compare. I’ll see if I can find an original 80’s job.

4. Timos

Timos Forum resident

Can someone expand on which version the ‘Black Triangle’ pressing is, please?? Catalogue numbers would be useful if anyone has them, for Discogs purposes. The BT copies are Japanese, right?

5. strippies

strippies Forum Resident

Kate Bush – Hounds Of Love (1985, CD)

Timos likes this.
  6. Timos

Timos Forum resident

strippies likes this.
  7. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

Timos likes this.
  8. Yost

I like the early Made in Japan for Europe slightly better than the Black Triangle (I own both, and the ‘97 one). Besides, it’s easy and cheap to find. I found 4 in thrift stores and used bins in my country, during the last couple of years (before COVID).

Kate Bush – Hounds Of Love (1985, CD)

Timos likes this.
  9. Timos

Timos Forum resident

Oh, OK. I can see that there were two Black Triangles released.

They’re both a bit too expensive for me, so right now I’m deciding between an early UK CD or the 2011 Fish People reissue for comparison to my ‘97.

10. Yost

Check this post before you buy: Hounds of Love 97 remaster .

Timos likes this.
  11. Timos

Timos Forum resident

12. auralden

auralden Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have the original issue of the Black Triangle and the comparisons in my post were based on that one. Yes, it’s expensive but put it on your wantlist in Discogs and when a good price comes along, jump and get it.

Timos likes this.
  13. yohalfprice

yohalfprice Forum Resident

I have the BT. I bought the 2018 and sold it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.