Best Used Vinyl stores in Pasadena?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by john lennonist, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY... Thread Starter

I tried the search engine, but no dice...

Anyway, I'm going to be in Pasadena this weekend, and thought I'd try to hit a store or two in search of Used Vinyl... what are the store(s) there with the best selection and prices?

Thanks.

2. fabtrick

fabtrick New Member

3. goldwax

goldwax Rega | Cambridge | Denafrips | Luxman | Dynaudio

Best used record store by far in Pasadena is Penny Lane on Colorado. Across the street is Out of the Closet, a thrift store. Ironically, the best stuff at Out of the Closet is dollar records from Penny Lane--much better than what you can find in Penny Lane's dollar section. I think what might happen is that Penny Lane prices a bunch of records at a dollar and then donates some as a tax write off and puts the rest in their own bins. The ones in their own bins get picked over quickly while the ones at Out of the Closet languish until I come along. Just a theory.

After that, there's Poo-Bah's, also on Colorado. Not nearly as much stuff, and usually more beat up, but also a lot cheaper. If you look through every bin you'll come across a few nice finds in nice shape for very little money.

A distant third is Canterbury's, also on Colorado. They are EXTREMELY cheap but only have a few used records out at any given time. Apparently they have a huge amount of them in storage but the owner can't be bother to price them and put them out. :rolleyes:

Goodwill is a waste of time. I've heard good things about Salvation Army but have never been there.

4. goldwax

goldwax Rega | Cambridge | Denafrips | Luxman | Dynaudio

Went to Salvation Army today. Just as bad as Goodwill. Avoid.

And tell us how it goes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.