Better Call Saul - Season Five Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I think 6 seasons is plenty. I hope they are good episodes. Id rather have one more great season than two more that could have been one more.

stereoptic likes this.
  2. Ah, and finally a mention of Gilligan's Jim Jones mini series for HBO. I'm really looking forward to that if it ever comes through.

But yeah, I thought this show felt like 6 seasons after finishing the first. It just had that pace. 5-6 seasons and then out. That's the way to do it.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Breaking Bad had 62 episodes, so it figures that they would go for a similar number for Saul.

4. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

Six was widely expected. I'm good with that. Nice to see 13 episodes in the final season.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  5. Jerry Horne

Dean Norris (Hank Schrader), Steven Michael Quezada (Steven Gomez) and Robert Forster (Ed Galbraith) will appear in Season 5.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  6. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

That last one really brought a smile to my face :)

7. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Now I'm looking forward to S5 even more.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  8. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

RIP

9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Watching Season 1 Episode 6 “Five-O. Mikes story. Its the one episode that I find myself returning to now several times. The entire episode is masterful. Most likely the best episode in the entire series so far. A true tragedy story.

One thing I noticed in the flash back where Mike is walking down the street from the bar and setting up the bad guys, is Mike walks past a window that says “PAWN”.

I take that to symbolize Mike’s place in the BCS/BB story. He is kind of used for others as a pawn. Pawn: a person used by others for their own purposes.

The guys at the PPD had Mike hemmed in with the illegal money. Gus, he uses Mike for whatever needs to be done for his own gain. Even though Mike has always appeared as a strong character and rather stone like, is he really? Or simply moved around by those with bigger and more despicable aspirations?

Pawn is also a chess piece. Mike is analytical if nothing else. And just as chess is played, Mike plays very carefully. Unfortunately he isnt a winning chess piece as we know from how things turn out for him in BB.

Ready for the next season!

10. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I am replying to this post without a spoiler tag, but am leaving the names out...

I am surprised they would announce this, instead of letting their appearances be a surprise to us, which would have been cool, but I guess they are trying to drum up interest a) after such a long break since the last season, and b) considering the series itself isn't the water cooler-type series for which they hoped.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

iirc the show doesn't exactly have high viewership, even with the great reviews and critical praise. perhaps throwing little bones like that here and there will help that, even just for a little bit. i'm sure schrader and gomez play small parts.

12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

New trailer...with Kim :love:...

13. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Kim is definitely getting sucked in. She looks like the gettaway girl sitting in the car outside the tents there at the end.

14. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

The more Kim gets sucked in the more I worry about her story ending tragically. I figure she either ends up that way or she leaves.

15. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

My guess:
    Jimmy (now Saul) screws up big time in Season 5, and Kim has to take the fall for it. This introduces us to Ed, who disappears her, and explains why the late great Robert Forster is going to be making an appearance. And since Saul, Gus, and Mike don't actually appear in Breaking Bad until the second season, the sixth and final season of Better Call Saul runs concurrently with the first season of Bad, setting them up for where they'll eventually be introduced.

mpayan and EddieMann like this.
  16. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I like your line of thinking. Have you come up with an end game for Gene?

17. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

I believe they've mentioned already that we will see more about Gene.

EddieMann likes this.
  18. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Hmm... I'm not sure. That little confrontation at the beginning of season four has certainly left us with a new and exciting Gene storyline to go with! Though if anyone remembers how the first letter of each BCS season two episode unscrambled revealed 'FRING'S BACK', unscrambling Better Call Saul gets you:
    A CARTEL'S BULLET

Probably nothing, but then again... maybe it's Gene's future?

19. Jerry Horne

20. Jerry Horne

21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Ive rewatched Seasons 1-4 several times now. I know, Im ridiculous. But one things that may or may not be a clue as to Kim’s fate is the times she serves coffee. There is the time that she is at HHM working late and runs into Chuck and he asks her to make coffee. Then the other time in which Jimmy tells the old folks in the office that he has to step away but “This young lady here will get you coffee and doughnuts”

Maybe Im reading too much into it (Hey we all try and usually get things wrong when it comes to this series) but I have a feeling something like the Hinky Dinky is in Kim’s future.

EVOLVIST and MPLRecords like this.
  22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Oh yeah. Its definitely showtime.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  23. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I'm hoping we get to see a young Wendy...FINALLY!

[​IMG]

Gumboo likes this.
  24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

And more..

“When youre in, youre in”- Ignacio Varga

I want Nacho’s car :cool:

25. Jerry Horne

I shouldn't be this excited for a television show.

ss nimrod, Hawkeye and mpayan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.