Better Call Saul - Season Five Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Anyone else wonder just how Kim found out who Lalo really was? Yes, she's smart and resourceful, but somehow he made it through the court system and jail with that fake name and fake life.
    Anyway, it's not a good thing to know.

2. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Then why would Lalo just let him walk away? That seems to invalidate your previous reading.

3. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Walk away from what? The job of picking up the $7million?

Lalo asked Jimmy to pick up the $7million, but again, Jimmy acting as a "mule" or whatever is not what Lalo considers Jimmy's true value.

Lalo surely would not let him walk away from performing his duties as a lawyer, but the money pick up? Sure, Jimmy could be someone to fall under the radar as he wouldn't attract attention traveling to the pickup spot, but Lalo is going to kill Jimmy for turning that down? Jimmy is in the middle of handling his case and he's done an ingenious job there... Lalo knows where Jimmy's value lies.

TheSeldomSeenKid and Borgia like this.
  4. npc145

npc145 music junkie

All Kim had to do was lookup the court record to see what cases Jimmy was working on.

BEAThoven and Chrome_Head like this.
  5. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Was kinda hoping to see Burr’s character Kuby on BCS. Maybe next season.

asdf35 and George P like this.
  6. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

Clever use of a Davis & Main water bottle.

51IS, Hot Ptah, LivingForever and 4 others like this.
  7. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

She knows his real name, that's not on any legal documentation anywhere. As far as anyone else knows he's Jorge De Guzman.

parman likes this.
  8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

9. Brian_Svoboda

Brian_Svoboda Senior Member

From the Variety interview linked by Vidiot upthread:

Who are those thieves? How are they connected to the Salamancas?
    They are cartel-adjacent. In the teaser, you see the middle-aged gentleman who seems to be in charge of “Salamanca treasure cave” as we called it — that warehouse filled with exotic cars and then thousands of pounds of cash and the counting room and all that. He seems to be in charge of the facility, and at the end of that teaser seems to be ratting out the cousins. To who, Peter, Gordon and the writers know but I don’t think we have established that yet for the audience.

parman, trumpet sounds, Tim S and 2 others like this.
  10. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

I don't mind too much about believability in TV shows, and I'm loving this season, but.... not so long ago Mike was being stitched painfully back together and - now he has more stamina than a much younger man!

11. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

No one thinks this is a little bit odd? And puts her in even more danger?

Mr. H and parman like this.
  12. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

I don’t know that poor Saul is in that good of shape, but - you make an excellent point. I had already forgotten about Fountain Town. Holy crap!

13. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I do wish Kim had gone in with some kind of leverage over Lalo, but I don’t know what. Her love for Jimmy makes her sloppy and a bit reckless.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  14. I find it odd, yes. Perhaps she finds out by looking through Jimmy's stuff.

This show has a great way of making us say, "Wait a minute, how could that be?" only to explain it later where it makes more sense.

That's already happened several times this season.

GentleSenator and Gems-A-Bems like this.
  15. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I saw the full frame warning at the beginning of the show. Not much was visible. I guess seeing a butt is more damaging mentally than seeing 20 people shot to death in a bloodbath. You learn something new every day.

Anybody think that the car they're cleaning the blood out of during the cold open becomes Saul's LAWYR UP?

Dan

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    51IS, LivingForever, Vidiot and 4 others like this.
  16. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

so which was the TRAGIC thing that was gonna happen in Ep 8 ?

Saul drinking his own piss ?

17. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

I believe it may be Kim's door opening to her demise, whether her career or her life.

parman, Tim S and BEAThoven like this.
  18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Kim is in the game now, two people outside of Jimmy are now aware of who she is and her connection to him. Jimmy is now owned for life and Kim can be used for leverage as needed or eliminated if she strays outside the boundaries. No getting out now.

parman and Chrome_Head like this.
  19. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Thats the first thing I thought of also.

Cool Caddy. Id buy it at a discount:cool:

nosticker and kouzie like this.
  20. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

As far as Kim being “in the game” now, Im not sure it mattered whether she went to Lalo or not. If Saul crosses Lalo, the cousin or any of that clan, they would find out who Kim is anyway. And use her against Saul. Thats kind of what murdering thieves do. Find out your weakness to control you for their advantage.

But it makes a good tragedy.

21. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

It completely mattered.

As previously stated, the fact that Jimmy went and told his wife very confidential cartel business -- the plan to pick up $7miilion -- so quickly and that Lalo now knows that is part of his "character."

Kim is in danger for what she knows, what Lalo thinks she might know, and what Lalo thinks she might have told someone else.

Kim being "in the game" now puts her in a precarious position aside from just being some future leverage over Jimmy.

parman, Tim S, Borgia and 1 other person like this.
  22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

You dont think that Lalo would keep pushing Jimmy deeper and deeper into things and at some point Jimmy *might* just say “Ok, you guys are going to get me killed. Im out.” What do you think Lalo would do at that point? Kill a valuable asset that Jimmy is for Lalo? Maybe. Lalo is that nuts. But he is also smart. He could just as easily find out more about Jimmy and who his *family* is and threaten to kill them. And at this point Jimmy’s family consists of one person: Kim.

So within the script Kim going to Lalo completely mattered. But in reality, no. You get involved with drug lords your entire family is at risk that very minute. Look at Nacho and his dad.

Realistically, Kim was *in*the minute she didnt haul ass when Jimmy confessed to her concerning he was considering helping the cartel. She knows Jimmy well enough to know when he is entertaining an idea that he is going to do it.

Either way, Kim was in and is in.

parman and Chrome_Head like this.
  23. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

That's all we are talking about right now -- what we saw on screen. And whether the scene at hand mattered.

To throw it all out into hypotheticals is a never-ending spiral...

parman likes this.
  24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

No, its not all the thread is talking about. There have been many side discussions, explorations and what ifs. Doesnt mean you have to discuss these possibilities but it doesnt mean I have to shut up about them either.

And thats a pretty strong possibility that Im suggesting.

In other words, Jimmy is Kim’s fate because no matter what she gets wrapped up into with Jimmy, it isnt going to end well. Chuck was right.

parman likes this.
  25. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

It's all right, let's just forget it...

You said the scene in which Kim went to see Lalo didn't matter.

I feel it was by far one of the most crucial scenes in all of the episodes this season.

Let's just agree to disagree.

mpayan, parman and Tim S like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.