Better Call Saul - Season Five Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

Maybe she moves to South Carolina to be with an older gentleman with a nice IRA. :love::love::love:

MikeInFla and Nightfly68 like this.
  2. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Not sure how Saul would be able to continue practicing law if Kim were to be killed. Just seems it would be too much for him but then again I'm not a writer on this show. Either way, it should be 13 incredible episodes.

3. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

maybe she cheats on him and they break up.

4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I think Howard's role in the series will become more intense.

MikeInFla and GentleSenator like this.
  5. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

Any word on when Netflix will be premiering S5? We have Hulu + Live TV which does not carry AMC of all things the last time I checked. Thanks.

6. Nightfly68

7. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I have the feeling that BCS will end with a Sad Ending for Gene, since he has been 'Outed' and with no longer an option with another relocation by the Vacuum Seller(and the Actor who played him having died in real life, so assume the Show Runners are not looking to replace that Character with another Actor, but who knows).

All that aside, seems to me that ending the BCS Series with Gene's Life(and Future Death?) seems to be the way to go, although certainly room over 13 Episodes to find out the Fates of other Characters, who were not in 'Breaking Bad'. The Opening Scene from the 1st Episode of Season showed Gene as the Manager of a Cinnabon in Omaha, Nebraska, so makes sense to me that the Final Scene of the Series Finale will involve Gene.

8. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Yeah, I don't see a happy ending for Gene, or for Kim. I have seen some speculation that maybe the writers will give her a better ending because she's supposedly such a fan favorite now, but let's be real: there is no way they will change her arc just because fans like her. Fans loved Mike and they still had no problem killing him off late in Season 5a of BB. Kim's arc, how it begins and ends, has likely been known from the start, and they've just had to fill in the details along the way to get her to the ending they likely had planned from the start.

9. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

If it'd anything like the past it will be a while. They didn't do Season 4 until a couple of weeks before Season 5 started and since I had not seen any of season 4 I had to fly thru it as fast as possible. I'd hope that Netflix has it way before then so I can watch it again at my own pace before Season 6.

thgord likes this.
  10. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Because being in Jimmy's is a slow-killing poison. And because she's not in Breaking Bad. She may not die, but it seems likely.

Regarding an earlier comment somewhere (I just finished S5 and skimmed the last several pages)...they don't have to tie BCS to the beginning of BB. They only need to tie it to BB S2. No reason the last season of BCS can't overlap with the first season of BB.

Although I enjoyed this season, I'm not convinced they needed six seasons. The transformation of Jimmy into Saul is pretty much complete. But I'm looking forward to S6.

This was probably my least favorite finale though because the ending hinged on Lalo. In the past they usually ended on Chuck or someone else with consequences for Jimmy. While this definitely has consequences, they're less intimate.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the BB/BCS villains. Lalo and Tuco etc lack depth and basically could have 'I'm a plot complication' tattooed on their foreheads. I don't expect a lot of agreement here.

The actor of who plays Lalo is strikingly charismatic though.

GentleSenator likes this.
  11. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Just because Kim isn't in BB doesn't mean she gets killed off. That's faulty logic.

12. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Which is why I said she might not die.

Madness likes this.
  13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

S5.

When’s the blu ray available?

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

good thoughts, and i do agree with them! tony dalton is definitely a better actor than raymond cruz. even in the original run of BB i cringed at cruz's overacting and unrealistic hysterics.

15. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I thought he was great - maybe you need to actually be around someone who's constantly doing meth and is already a psycho to appreciate it.

51IS and MPLRecords like this.
  16. Playloud

Playloud Nobody’s Hero

Agreed Raymond Cruz does a great job in the role! A character that’s totally off the rails and unpredictable. At the end of season one in BCS when Tuco pulls Saul in the house it was an OMG moment. He’s still crazy in BCS, but a little more calculated. BB he’s a total wack job.

17. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Additional note: I would not say Tony Dalton is a "better actor" than Raymond Cruz. Granted my viewing experience with both is only through BB and BCS, but Dalton has a certain charisma that's pretty rare. Thankfully the writers recognized this and gave him the role and write to his strengths. You could argue that in the space of a few epidodes he has become the most charismatic character on the show.

51IS and Chrome_Head like this.
  18. Nightfly68

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Chrome_Head likes this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i have, thanks. but i get it: he's also just plain cRaZy.

21. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Starting at 10:16 am on 7/9 AMC is airing all 10 episodes of S5 w/ bonus content:

From Breaking News - AMC Announces Special "Better Call Saul" and "Breaking Bad"-Related Programming in July | TheFutonCritic.com

Better Call Saul Season 5 Marathon

All 10 episodes of Better Call Saul's critically acclaimed fifth season, which was heralded as "easily the most compelling season yet" (The New York Times) and "what good television drama looks like" (Vogue), will air Thursday, July 9 beginning at 9:00AM ET/8c and concluding at 9:30PM ET/8:30c. This exclusive chance to re-watch all ten episodes will culminate with special "hosted" breaks, featuring series stars Odenkirk ("Saul Goodman"/ "Jimmy McGill") and Seehorn ("Kim Wexler"), during the final two episodes. Odenkirk and Seehorn will discuss these pivotal episodes, the evolution of their characters' relationship and the season at large as well as answer fan questions from Better Call Saul's social platforms.

In the 10-epsiode fifth season of Better Call Saul, Jimmy McGill's decision to practice law as "Saul Goodman" creates unexpected and profound waves of change for those in his orbit. The series stars Bob Odenkirk, Rhea Seehorn, Jonathan Banks, Michael Mando, Giancarlo Esposito, Patrick Fabian and Tony Dalton, and is executive produced by showrunner Peter Gould, Vince Gilligan, Mark Johnson, Melissa Bernstein and Thomas Schnauz. Better Call Saul garnered a 2018 Peabody Award, and, over four seasons, has earned 32 Emmy(R) Award nominations, three Golden Globe(R) Award nominations, two Writers Guild Awards, three Critics' Choice Awards, two Television Critics Association Awards and three AFI Awards for "TV Programs of the Year," among many other Guild nominations.

AMC.com's The Broken and the Bad

AMC will release a new digital short-form series The Broken and the Bad on AMC.com on Thursday, July 9. Hosted by Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul star Giancarlo Esposito ("Gus Fring"), the series is inspired by the most memorable characters, situations and themes of the Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad universe and focuses on the real-world stories that mirror the fictional worlds of both shows.

With the help of Esposito, the docuseries explores the psychology of con artists and hit men, the economics of drug operations, and even finds the one town in America where you can live in peace with electromagnetic sensitivity, among other topics and stories.

Looking at my local listings, I don't see The Broken and the Bad on 7/9, but I will surely be on the lookout for that! EDIT: Looking at amc.com posted below, this show is on amc.com.

Some good stuff to ease the wait for the final season.

TheSeldomSeenKid and Nightfly68 like this.
  22. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

23. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

This has likely been brought up before but I'm rewatching BB (my wife never has never seen it), and in the Better Call Saul episode, when Walt and Jessie hold Saul at gunpoint, he namechecks Ignacio and cries out, 'Did Lalo send you?'

Which would imply that Lalo survives the BCS series (although he could die without Goodman being aware of it).

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. wondergrape

wondergrape Forum Resident

This sounds an awful lot like projection to me. We really don't know very much about Howard's specific skill set (or lack thereof) as an attorney.

And if it is true, I'm not sure how this makes him despicable. Being an effective manager is every bit a valuable skill as being an effective "line worker" (if you will).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    AudioEnz likes this.
  25. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

I had no idea this was coming, but still had BCS still programmed into my DVR. Later I found all ten of these episodes on my DVR! I'll FF to the commentary portions. Could be interesting.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.