Better Call Saul - Season Four Discussion & Digestion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by EVOLVIST, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

My theory from day 1 has been that Saul/Jimmy does something so awful, Kim gets hit with the shrapnel and it causes her to get disbarred or otherwise arrested and it destroys her life. Eventually, she just moves outta town, changes her name, and never sees her again.

That's unless of course Mike Ehrmantraut got hold of her...:eek:

They made it clear in the panel discussion that at the end of the Bar Association hearing, where Jimmy McGill gets his law license back but Kim is mortified to see how he manipulated the judges (and her) in order to tug at their heart strings and make them feel sorry for him. She knows more than ever that he's always playing a con, fooling people, lying to their faces, and that he's never going to change.

Kyhl, Chrome_Head, sberger and 3 others like this.
  2. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

The first part seems possible. The second part seems extremely unlikely.

3. EVOLVIST

EVOLVIST Kid A Thread Starter

Dude, did you even read this page?

Maybe during thethe next Winter of discontent.

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

artfromtex and Vidiot like this.
  5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I don't think the date is official yet, but if they're going into production this week in Albuquerque, then I'd guess the episodes will start airing in less than six months, which would be July/August.

6. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

That should give me plenty of time to re-watch BCS from the beginning. I've only watched it once week to week as they aired, and I have a hard time remembering what happened except for the big moments.

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i sure hope so! this is the best show on TV, so i'd like each season done right, but i also don't want to wait too long!

bluesaddict likes this.
  8. EVOLVIST

EVOLVIST Kid A Thread Starter

Man, y'all avatars are sideways! :biglaugh:

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I have to see this show now because a good friend of mine, who shares the same taste, told me this: he likes “Better Call Saul” better than “breaking bad.” Because he thought Breaking Bad dragged whenever the family scenes were on because they were, quite frankly, repetitive and flat compared to the Sopranos. I caught a lot of flak saying that and I was glad to know my friend thought the same thing — although we had never discussed it before. M so if he thinks “Better Call Saul is betterThen I have to check it out.

formu_la and Lonson like this.
  10. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Definitely check it out GW!

Ghostworld likes this.
  11. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I agree with your friend. Plenty of fillers in BB.
    Did Netflix show season 4 in US?

12. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

The way his character is written is obviously tremendous, but Giancarlo Esposito deserves major credit for Gus bring such a riveting character. His character throughout BB and now BCS is one that everyone should hate with a passion, yet you don't because Gus has this aura about him that makes him so intriguing, to where you can't help but like him a little, and that is largely the work of the actor.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

If AMC was smart, they would do some kind of 20-minute "catch up" show reminding viewers what happened over the past 4 years (and 48 episodes) of Better Call Saul.

davidb1 and Spaghettiows like this.
  14. Gems-A-Bems

I’d say it’s entirely the work of the actor. The character of Gus is a terrible person.

George Co-Stanza likes this.
  15. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I think the writers must have had a blast coming up with this speech

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed Senior Member

He seems like quite a nice boss on the chicken side of things.

Tim S and rufus t firefly like this.
  17. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

18. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

wow . . . I can live with this - I mean I have to, right? - but have to wonder if they're hurting themselves with this move. I mean, sheeesh, it's only early April.

19. George P

George P Notable Member

20. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Jonathan Banks ain't gettin' any younger, guys. Geez.

Didn't BB have a really long break between a couple of seasons? I know The Sopranos sure did.

21. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

BB did, but I don't think it was near this long. I'd have to check.

and yeah, I know Banks sort of always looks old and always has, but after viewing some BB clips the other night, it's very noticeable.

artfromtex likes this.
  22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

artfromtex likes this.
  23. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

I'm not nearly as bugged about this as I would have been for earlier seasons. There wasn't much of a cliff-hanger this time around. So Kim was disappointed with Jimmy and Mike offed a guy. We already know what Mike becomes - OK, so he's there now - and Kim puts on her I'm-disappointed-with-Jimmy face every other episode as it is and seems to get over it pretty quickly. Otherwise, all of the other characters generally seem to be on the road to where we know they'll end up. A teaser involving Gene at the end of last season would have kept me more interested.

24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

No, I think this time it was very different. This time it really hit home hard for Kim - her facial expression was one of devastation, not a "I'm-disappointed-with-Jimmy face" at all. It definitely felt like a turning point in their relationship.

jlocke08 and Gems-A-Bems like this.
  25. Gems-A-Bems

The Saul delay must be coinciding with the Breaking movie. I’m sure they are doing both at the same time, so I’m expecting crossover.

GentleSenator and Deesky like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.