Better Call Saul - Season Four Discussion & Digestion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by EVOLVIST, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

If she dies it becomes a tragedy. Jimmy turning into Saul seems to me more of a cynical and bitter move, like if she breaks up and leaves him, so he’s more like ‘who needs you!’
    I just don’t see her dying.

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Maybe she breaks up with him and moves to Omaha.

Jerry Horne and Jimmy B. like this.
  3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

That's the right word -- shows like that (or today's CSI/Law & Order franchises) are churned out with only a fraction of the thought and care that goes into Better Call Saul's writing and directing and cinematography.

4. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

yah I know, Im talking bout shows I want to watch seem to take forever :laughup:

and I don't know….there are worse things than watching Cannon or Rockford crack a case

5. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

6. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

7. Jerry Horne

Is it time to start one folks?

GentleSenator and EddieMann like this.
  8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

dooo it

mpayan likes this.
  9. Jerry Horne

10. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Wouldn’t mind seeing much more of present day (or whenever it is) Gene.

misterjones likes this.
  11. Johnathon Taylor

Johnathon Taylor New Member

I just binge watched S4 and I loved it.

I'm posting here today because I discovered a funny secret to the name "Saul Goodman" and I'm wondering if anyone here ever figured that out before. I tried to scan the posts but I didn't find any that explained the meaning of the name.

I thought it was pretty funny and I'd just like to know if anyone else has ever posted about the meaning of "Saul Goodman" here before?

12. George P

George P Notable Member

Saul himself explains it in one episode, either in this series or in Breaking Bad (or both?)

Jerry Horne and chili555 like this.
  13. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

From 10/18.

14. Johnathon Taylor

Johnathon Taylor New Member

Yes indeed. I had never before understood that until the very last line spoke in the very last episode of S4 where he says the name to Kim. He says it in such a way to make it sound like the phrase instead of the name.

I think the meaning of that name is related to what he said to the young girl who had shoplifted something and as a result was denied some kind of legal award or entry and that really ticked off Jimmy.

So, I think he is now determined to cut corners and act only as lawfully as he absolutely must and that is why he is using the name "Saul Goodman".

I see it as a warning or threat to everyone that he will now practice any way he wants and try to get away with cutting all the corners he can.

To my mind, the name means, "Look out world! You think I was bad before? Now you will see what bad is all about!"

15. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

He spells it out in the flashback scene with Marco in the first season of Better Call Saul. I don't think he ever explained it in Breaking Bad except to say that he used the name because it sounded Jewish.

16. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

76 pages long and I have yet to read a single post. FINALLY this drops Feb 9 on Netflix. I'll have to watch it as fast as I can before Season 5 starts, I don't want to miss any of it but I want to see Season 4 first. After I watch 4 I can come back and look over this thread.

Vinyl Addict and EddieMann like this.
  17. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Thanks for the heads up. Was about to drop 20 bucks to Amazon to watch it there. Now I can buy groceries:wave:

Shawn likes this.
  18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Re-watching the Blu-rays of Season 4. I bought these over a year ago, and watched them about ten months ago. I can't wait for Season 5! This, Legion, and Counterpart are probably my three favorite series of the last few years.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  19. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Will this still be aired on AMC?

20. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Niiiiiiiice.
    When I saw the thread bumped, I was going to ask where I could find season 4. I finished rewatching 1-3 a few weeks ago.

21. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Phew! We finally got round to watching BCS. First, I introduced my wife to BB and she got totally hooked. Then after Christmas we hit BCS and it has been a blast! Fantastic parallel stories and so well written, cast, acted, directed, photographed,... The relationships of Saul to Chuck, to Kim, to Mike,... the power struggle around the cartel,... great stuff.
    Looking forward to series 5 soon!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Just watched Gus's classic speech to his employees :laugh:

"This is America! Here the righteous have no reason to fear!"

Can't imagine how fun it is for actors to be handed scripts filled with scenes and dialogue like this!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  23. Jerry Horne

Yes.

Dr. J. likes this.
  24. MikeInFla

Reminder Season 4 dropped today on Netflix. I'm downloading all 10 episodes now and hope to blaze thru it today and tomorrow

mpayan likes this.
  25. MikeInFla

Finished it up this afternoon! Excellent! Looking forward to season 5! But I gotta say as much as I have liked "Jimmy" he is turning out to be a real self centered jerk. He doesn't deserve Kim.

Now off to page one to start reading the thread.

Oh yeah, before this series ends I want a full Gene episode!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.