Billy Preston

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vanmeterannie, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanmeterannie

vanmeterannie Senior Member Thread Starter

I have an old video on VHS - called "America's Rhythm And Blues" that has two live numbers by Billy Preston that my 3 month old daughter LOVES...when she's really fussy we put that on and she calms right down, and watches all 10 minutes or so of him intently. Since she already seems to like his music, I've looked here and there on the net for a concet video by him, but can't seem to find one...does anybody know if there's ever been one released? I'm looking for a whole video, not Bangaldesh or anything like that where he was part of a larger show...

2. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Billy is in the background, but does some interesting work, and is featured for a bit, on "Concert For George." I didn't believe he could sound this good after so long.

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Even back in the laserdisc days, don't remember ever seeing a Billy Preston LD....he seems to turn up as a backing musician in several places, obviously, but not in a concert of his own that I can recall...

:ed:

4. dcooper

dcooper New Member

"My Sweet Lord"! It's hard to name a highlight on that absolutely terrific DVD, but that's one of the highlights for me.

5. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Dan: :righton:

6. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Or when Billy comes in part way thru Isn't It A Pity. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.