Black Country Communion . . . They're Back

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Apr 21, 2016.

1. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member Thread Starter

Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham and producer Kevin Shirley have confirmed that BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION will reunite in 2017.

BCC was the rock supergroup featuring Hughes, Bonham, guitarist/vocalist Joe Bonamassa, and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater, Alice Cooper, Billy Idol). The band split in late 2012 due to tensions between Bonamassa and Hughes.

Earlier today, Shirley took to his Facebook page to write: "We're refurbishing the fuel tanks and refitting the rocket. Getting ready for takeoff in 2017 again, and I'm fired up … Who's ready for another dose of BCC!?"
    On his own Facebook page, Bonham posted a photo of BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION and simply added the caption "2017!!!"

Hughes hinted at a possible reunion earlier in the day by posting a picture of the four musicians on Facebook and adding: "The lads …to quote Joe this morning… 'maybe it's time to break out the heavy bats again." In the comments, Glenn also added: "Thanks so much for your very kind messages … We hear you … & time is the HEALER …" He then wrote in a separate posting: "Preparing BCC Rocket Ship Re-launch for 2017 all systems go."

"BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION… You can't better it for classic rock music; it's so damn good. And you need to know that we're all friends, and long may that remain."

[​IMG]

Black Country Communion are back ➡

laf848, Nielsoe, tinnox and 10 others like this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

great news

3. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Such a killer band...glad to see they will be making some new music.

4. Benn Kempster

Benn Kempster Who else?

Great, great news this.

I wonder, though, if the chemistry will still be there after all the bitching that went along with the initial breakdown. Please, though, Kevin, try to give the recordings a bit more "life" than previously; maybe even a re-mastering to say "Hello." ;-)

ryaneagon likes this.
  5. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member Thread Starter

hopefully a new producer will be brought in.

6. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Looking fwd to a new album. Wishing they would actually tour too. Did they ever really TOUR before, outside like a handful of UK gigs?

7. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

They played a few US gigs. The closest to me was Utah -- a 10-hour drive or short flight. I didn't go and have regretted it ever since.

8. gudnoyez

gudnoyez Forum Resident

Hopefully they will mix some fidelity into the recordings the first 3 sound God awful a new producer would help.

9. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

Didn't they make some kind of world tour? They played in Stockholm anyway.

10. zen

zen Senior Member

Yay, I guess. Ear plugs on standby.

11. wdiv

wdiv Forum Resident

Quite surprised to see this reunion... although I'm not convinced the whole exceeds the sum of its parts, as with most supergroups.

Crungy likes this.
  12. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

That would be cool - although I didn't get the third album - there were some good tracks on the first two. Hughes is a force of nature. I saw the genesis of the band at a Guitar Center King of the Blues finale at the House of Blues in LA. Bonamassa and Hughes played a few songs and shortly after that BCC was born. Hadrian's Wall is a killer track. Mining the same vein as the best of the blooz rock bands of the 70s. I agree about the mastering though. Could be a lot better.

13. JRD

JRD Forum Resident

Not familiar with this band..what is their best album?

14. Matthew Tate

i think its the first

Bonddm and zen like this.
  15. zen

zen Senior Member

Probably the debut, but the DVD might be the best for first impression (best material from 1st 2 albums, and superior sound quality).

Carserguev likes this.
  16. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

IMO the last (3rd one) - especially if you are already a fan of Glenn Hughes. I think he wrote either every song or almost every song on this one. It's a Glenn album all the way but more rocky than funky (Glenn quite often veers into funk which isn't my thing that much).

17. Matthew Tate

i'll rephrase my response. the 1st album has the best tunes but the 3rd was more of the sound i wanted

Benn Kempster likes this.
  18. The third album might be the best of the lot IMO. I encourage you to give it a preview. I was really surprised how good it was!

Bonddm likes this.
  19. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

I wish they would do a U.S. tour

laf848 and Stormrider77 like this.
  20. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I never liked their music... boring Retro Rock.

21. laf848

laf848 Forum Resident

I liked all 3 studio albums. It would be great for a new album in 2017. I hope they tour in the US also.

22. Tony Cruse

Tony Cruse Tc

BCC probably bashed out a recording in 4 days!
    Hope it's a good one.
    Too much Hughes vocals can be tiring!!
    I like the previous albums but really like the tracks where Hughes shared the vocals with Bonamassa.

AndydD and zen like this.
  23. The second.

ryaneagon likes this.
  24. Tony Cruse

Tony Cruse Tc

The live album covers all bases.

Bonddm, zen and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. laf848

laf848 Forum Resident

I did not get the live album yet. I played the 2nd album more than the other two. The first one rocks harder than the 2nd. I'm not sure which one I liked the best. IMO, they are all good.