"Black Friday" Record Store Day List (2011)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hutlock, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Anyone know how many All Things Must Pass vinyl will be released? The other thread has turned into a dreary format war.

2. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

Here's some more details. (I'm the vinyl buyer for an indie store in Toronto.)

This is 2LP + 10" + Bonus CD.

The Times They Are A-Changin'
    The b-side is "Like A Rolling Stone" (2010 mono version).

"Save My Love/Because The Night"

This is ltd 12"

numbered. 180g. remastered from analogue tapes. "Faithful replica, including original bonus "apple jam" LP and lift-top box."

double 10"

first album. on ipecac. delayed till january

numbered to 4000

This is 180g

numbered to 3000

ltd to 5000 - 180g virgin vinyl. 3 previously unreleased live tracks including a new track (mercy)

And I'll add that there's a Sharon Jones box of 11 seven inches. Quote: "This set features all twelve of the album cuts from the latest smash release I LEARNED THE HARD WAY on ELEVEN 45's including TEN BONUS TRACKS. It includes sought after INSTRUMENTAL MIXES of 8 of the original album tracks, perfect for DJ's, producers, or those who just want to dig deeper into the music on which the Dap-Kings built their second 100,000 seller. Plus, it features GIVE ME A REASON, the previously unreleased vocal counter- part to the hit instrumental THE REASON. And for those who missed the out of print WHEN I COME HOME 45, which was only available with the first pre-orders for the album, we've included that exclusive vocal here as well! The box set comes with an 8 page full color 7x7 booklet featuring never before seen live and behind the scenes photos from the I LEARNED THE HARD WAY sessions and release parties. "

3. japes

japes Senior Member

Thanks Lincoln.

I think I'll definitely pick up the Doors and U2. Perhaps the SJDK singles as well.

4. hops

hops Forum Resident

Found some more info about the bonus 10" here:

http://www.bloginity.com/blog/2010/10/26/the-black-keys-tightens-up-hits-1-at-modern-rock-radio/

Of course, this article also makes a mistake by saying that the 2LP set is 45 RPM, so take it with a grain of salt.

When I first heard about the 10" I was hoping that the bonus tracks were studio outtakes, but now that it's been revealed that they're live cuts, I don't feel like I'm missing anything by passing on this.

5. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member

I'd heard this as well, but not from an official source. So far this is a USA only item so hasn't been offered to my store, technically, so I have no official source. But an American supplier I sometimes buy from verified what I posted, above.

The Doors, so far, is USA only. The U2 is world. SJDK is at least North America. Most of the things I listed the pressing qty for are world.

6. Pulseczar

Pulseczar Member

You know what, I'm actually so stoked s/t is getting repressed WITH the original tracklisting that I don't even care I have to wait a couple more months to get it. Let's hope Josh did it right and it's all analog.

Just as awesome: They're going on tour and playing s/t in its entirety. This is going to be better than ten Superbowls.

7. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Guess I gotta go out on Black Friday now, which I really hate to do.

8. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

It was 2 years ago, in the box set.

I'm guessing it wasn't released as a single album then...?

9. Runt

Runt Senior Member

Mono Doors

Is the mono Doors LP a limited release just for "Black Friday" or will it be around for awhile?

10. One of the best shops around and that's a fact.

:wave:

11. rushyescrim

rushyescrim Forum Resident

Do we know if the Doors mono version is the same pressing that was included in the vinyl box set a couple of years ago??

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I want the Doors mono LP and the Metallica live CD. Is that CD likely to be available beyond Black Friday?

It looks like I'll be headed to a few independent stores on Black Friday after my annual waste of time at Best Buy. ;)

13. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

was hoping that Telephantasm would land on a 12", but will be glad if I can get it on 45.

14. Stranjluv101

Stranjluv101 New Member

What is the PANTERA for black friday?

15. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Limited release with DOORS? :sigh: :rolleyes:

Probably a MONO CD will follow. Then the 45 singles. Then another round of remasters. Then some more Greatest Hits. Then some more LIVE box sets.

16. Remember that they had to recut that box set because of extremely poor SQ.
    Mine sounded like sand had been mixed with the vinyl, especially their ST lp.

The reissue pressing was great.

Hope you get the later not the former.

17. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

I was excited for this and may still go but looking at the final list there is not much I want. One of the things I wanted was the Hendrix 10" but now that I have seen the artwork it looks terrible.

I'll probably still go because my local store makes a real spectacle out of the day but if they are going to do this they should have tried to get a bit more.

18. celtic1

celtic1 New Member

When is black Friday?

19. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

Next Friday... day after Thanksgiving.

20. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt Forum Resident

I had to look up 'Black Friday' on Wikipedia to find out what you were all talking about. I came across this thread doing a search regarding the new Doors mono reissue, which I saw was listed as Upcoming on the Rhino website for 30 November.

Oddly I had just received an email from amazon.co.uk referring to a Black Friday deals week (starting on a Monday!), even though of course we don't have Thanksgiving. Another term that's crossed the Atlantic. I've only just got used to 'tent sale'.

21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Is it speed corrected ?

22. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

What is a 'tent sale'?

23. Billy Hunt

Billy Hunt Forum Resident

Where the price of already reduced goods drops further every couple of days. Do you wait until the end of the sale to get the best price at the risk of missing out entirely if they sell out? I've only seen the term used by a US company and assumed it was commonly used.

24. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

Black Friday is pretty much our Boxing Day.

25. PatrickO'Donnell

PatrickO'Donnell Active Member

Talked to a local retailer the other day and he said he just got advised that not everything might make it in time for Friday, but no details about specific items.

Only thing I'm looking for is the Roky Erickson/Black Angels DVD (which isn't on the original list posted in here), although I wish it was an LP or CD instead of a DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.