Black Mirror - Season 5

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't agree. Yes, there have been weak episodes in the past, even when it was purely a BBC production, but these were always counterbalanced with great episodes that more than made up for the occasional weaker episode. This season was pretty weak all around (retreaded themes, overly long episodes, bland stories), including the Bandersnatch nonsense.

2. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

I liked all three episodes of S5, all were very entertaining imo.

3. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I finally got a chance to see this and went in with very low expectations after reading lukewarm reviews--and Bandersnatch was a total bust for me--but I actually enjoyed it more than I was expecting. The second episode was a bit weak, despite some quality acting talent, but no worse than some of the other seasons. I actually got a kick out of the Miley Cyrus episode, which delivered a tongue-in-cheek look at the relentless machinery of superstardom that fit well into the show's wheelhouse. The ending was a little too neatly tied up, sure, but what are you gonna do. Striking Vipers was pretty fun too. So maybe it didn't quite meet the top peaks of previous seasons, but I think that this show still has more potential.

a customer likes this.
  4. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

[​IMG]
    Is a Black Mirror episode allowed to have a happy ending? ‘Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too’ is right up there with ‘San Junipero’ for feel-good TV. I watch this show for existential nightmare fuel!

rnranimal likes this.
  5. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

any word on S06?!

6. FredHubbard

FredHubbard Forum Resident

i feel like i'm already living in it

7. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Was never a BBC production. Always has been patchy, but the better episodes came earlier in the run I think. Very short seasons, but always one pretty weak one each time.

Alternative4 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.