Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules - 2021 Deluxe Edit.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Jan 13, 2021.

1. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Great read indeed, thx for the link.

Got a big kick out of this excerpt:

On adjusting the way Black Sabbath approached songwriting with Dio as their singer as opposed to Ozzy
    We adjusted in the way that Ronnie would sing more on chords. He hadn’t sung on riffs, as such, that much. So, it was a learning curve for both, really. It made me play differently, and it made him sing in a different way, as well. One particular song, when we were writing, “Die Young”, I put a part in the middle that drops down to a quieter section. And Ronnie went, “Oh, you can’t do that.” And I said, “You can! This is what Sabbath is about – we change tempos, we drop down into different parts.” And he went, “Oh.” And he liked the idea after we’d done it. And it worked for him and it worked for us. Again, it was a learning curve.

Imagining how that scene went down in my head makes me smile, thinking of Dio saying we can't change dynamics like that, Tony giving his response, and Ronnie perhaps thinking it over for a minute and just saying "oh" rather thoughtfully...

2. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I just got an email from them as well:
    New estimated delivery date:
    Wednesday, June 16, 2021

3. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Same here, I imagine Heaven And Hell will be delayed also?

4. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

Maybe the delays are because someone said, “Y’know... we’ve been sittin’ on this Forbidden remix too long. Let’s show the Martin era a little love and push that to the front of the line, then push the Dio stuff back.”

No... I suppose not.

5. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I don't know if the release date is changing or if it just that Amazon is sold out of preorders and thinks that will be when they get them back in stock. I haven't seen anywhere that a release date was changed.

6. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Yeah, I just looked at Rough Trade and Bull Moose, and they still have a release date of March 5 for both LPs.

7. Huh?? - Had Dio not heard any Sabbath music before he hooked up with them?

The different sections of many of their songs is a Sabbath hallmark.

8. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

I see a lot of mixed reviews on these recent Black Sabbath deluxe editions. As someone who doesn’t own any of the past deluxe editions for Black Sabbath, are these new ones not worth getting? This is asking just on vinyl only.

9. Ronnie had actually performed War Pigs live with his band in 1972.

10. I just thought it was odd that Dio didn't realize that Sabbath songs often went in different directions at the drop of a hat. At least that was my perception of he and Tony's exchange ("Oh, You can't do that"), etc.

fretter likes this.
  11. I think you're having a point. Anyway, it happened more than 40 years ago. It's far from clear that conversation went exactly the way Tony is telling it.

fretter likes this.
  12. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

What do you mean by "these recent" deluxe editions? Heaven And Hell + Mob Rules, or any other titles in particular?

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  13. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

I guess I would include volume 4 and any in last year for deluxe editions

14. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Amazon still says Mar 5th. Are the people who are saying "it's delayed" outside of the US or talking about the vinyl releases?

15. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Mine is the US and CD release. Amazon sent the email to many saying there would be a delay so I canceled and ordered at Bull Moose.

16. sillycornelius

sillycornelius Forum Resident

Yesterday in my Amazon account it said Heaven and Hell (vinyl) was moved to June 12th, but today it's back to March 5th so not sure what's happening there...

17. Sorry if this has been asked & answered numerous times, but who mastered the vinyl?

18. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Yes, for me it's the Mob Rules vinyl. Estimated delivery was moved to June so I canceled and re-ordered elsewhere.

19. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Alright. So, unless I'm mistaken, in the last year there have only been deluxe editions for Paranoid and Vol. 4.

20. John American

John American Active Member

Can’t wait for these only a couple more weeks to go.

21. Raf

Raf Senior Member

ProStudioMasters has the "singles" as 44.1/24 downloads:

Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell (Live B-Side / Single) in High-Resolution Audio
    Black Sabbath, The Mob Rules (Live at Portland Memorial Coliseum, Portland, OR, 4/22/1982 / Single) in High-Resolution Audio

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  22. I am really looking forward to the Portland show. I just wish I could purchase it as a standalone version, rather than having to purchase yet another remaster that is 95% likely to sound inferior to the previous one. I am glad this isn't as crazy expensive as the Vol. 4 set.

Purple, mmars982, GRompre68 and 4 others like this.
  23. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

If it was standalone it would still need to be 2 CDs to get the complete show, so look at it as if you are buying the Portland show standalone and the other stuff is the bonus content. :)

jeffreybh and sillycornelius like this.
  24. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I have the Mob Rules with the Hammersmith show ... and the original Heaven and Hell cd ... It is nice they are doing it again, but I would want a surround mix to buy another copy :)

25. Yes, but the disc split is so badly placed. I will probably burn a 2xCDR version of just the live show and split it somewhere in the middle.

Purple likes this.